Monday, December 22, 2008

Five Minutes at the Circus by SonicMoo

While I'm still in a writer's funk and the merry holiday is just a mere 48 hours away...my dear husband has graciously allowed me access to his blog so that I can use him as a guest poster. And as usual, our kids provide a HUGE amount of material! Merry Christmas All!







So the other day my son takes a dump in his undies. Nothing new, besides, why would a 3 and a half year old ever want to actually use the toilet right? Even though his sister was fully potty trained by 2 1/2.

So I clean up and tell him to go upstairs to go get new underwear. Apparently he did not have any upstairs because 5 minutes later he was running around with a pair of my underwear on. No the undies were not too small for him, save those jokes for later...

A hour later with the Z-man running around having to hold up the undies around his waist, he decides it is time for dump #2 for the day. 2 Dumps in 1 day is rare for him, but hey, if you are wearing daddy's undies, why not let it rip right?

Well, daddy's fat a$$ undies were too loose to contain dump #2, so it ends up on the kitchen floor. Trust me, I couldn't be more excited about it myself!

So I scoop the poop and toss it into the toilet. But as I do that, Z-man and the baby manage to turn the dog food and water bowl upside down right behind me. So I immediately turn and clean it up, but I left the bathroom door open, that was a mistake. The baby can sense the door open from across the house let alone see it open 3 feet away from her.

So while I clean up the dog food and water I see them both scheming in the bathroom. I go in and find my electric razor in the toilet along with some of wifey's sanitary napkins. "F"... Luckily I flushed the toilet when I threw in the Z-man dump #2.

So as I fish for my belonging in our toilet, Z-man goes and gets the large Tupperware container of dog food, opens the lid, and starts to pour it on the floor in the puddle of dog food and water on the floor that I did not get to clean up yet. Luckily I stopped that mess before he hit the floor with any additional dog food.

These kids are crazy. And for anyone to say, "yeah, that's kids for you", I say "pfft"... The Z-man is more of a handful than anyone will ever know.

And I kid you not, he crapped himself while I typed this up. Glorious...

3 comments:

Alicia said...

Oh my gosh! I can't stop laughing! I know it was probably horrible at the time, but that's hilarious!

Anonymous said...

My goodness it couldnt have been a worse day for ya!!:( poor girl. well jordan was almost 4 when we got him fully potty trained. it took forever and when we thought we were doing good we would have mess after mess. boys are way harder to potty train. it all that use the potty chair now use the potty chair that goes on the toilet now that you learned all that its still 1/2 wrong now you get to learn how to stand and go. girls its sit down do your deed and be done what ever potty chair you deside to use its always the same.

Anonymous said...

Well - that's your point of view. While you see craziness, out of control, and being a handful, I see resourcefulness, ingenuity, curiousity, teamwork, and helpfulness!