Saturday, May 3, 2008

Saturday

It's all rain here today. BLAH! I'm also fighting a cold on top of gloomy feelings due to the grey conditions. The silver lining is that I got to go get my hair washed, trimmed and flat-ironed this morning. Ahhhhh! That's the best feeling too. I just feel like a new woman. I had my hair trimmed six weeks ago exactly and I can honestly say I've done my hair myself TWICE since then. The rest of the time it's been up in a ponytail holder or under a cap. I'm officially one of those frumpy moms on TLC who go for a makeover and they shame her by unveiling the pale face, the dingy hair and the closet full of mom pants. Well....I have NO mom pants, that's for sure, but I do own a few sweaters that could get me in trouble with the fashion police (i.e. sequins and bows.) Hee hee.

The Baker house is officially on "test watch." Scott's ninth and final exam is on the 12th of May and so every spare moment will be filled with green flash cards, practice tests and comments like "Dang, I'm so nervous" and "If I fail this test it'll be SIX MONTHS until I can do it again. I don't want to fail." And then even when the test is finished it'll be at least two weeks until we hear back from the Architectural Review Board on the results. That's actually fun - the anticipation of the mail and such. Every day Scott calls about Noon and asks, "Did we get mail!?" It's fun. Well...for me anyway. :) Bless his heart. He's so smart and a great test taker - I'm confident in him...and super proud.

Max is seeing a rebound of health. The antibiotics are obviously helping. Each day gets a little better and today he's almost normal. He's out from under the couch and wandering around waiting for food to drop from the kids' plates. He asked to go out this morning and he's even eating right now. No word from the vet yet, and I assume it'll be Monday at the earliest now. My gut feeling is that he's fine as far as Cancer goes, but my gut isn't a professional. We shall see! I'm just glad to see him breathing better and eating on his own. He gave me quite a scare that one night.

Other good news: Zachary is averaging one potty success a day. When we're home I'm keeping him nekked or in underwear. If he's in a diaper - it's a no brainer - he just goes in his diaper. At least when he's nekked he realizes something is happening. We're in no huge rush and I'm very thankful for the progress we've had with his so far. :) Lilly is actually going to sleep on her own now. If she's clearly tired we can now put her in her crib and within a minute or two she's asleep. Woohoo!! Another success!!

That's all for today. I'm off to get something dusted, folded or fed.

No comments: