Monday, May 12, 2008

Back to Reality

All three children are awake, tho one is totally playing the beast who's been awakened from a nap. I can just imagine what she'll be like as a teenager! :) It's back to reality from a really great day yesterday.

This weekend turned out to be a lot less regimented than initially expected. Scott strained his chest pretty badly and ended up running to the Urgent Care Saturday morning, which kept him homebound all weekend. They basically just gave him a muscle relaxer and sent him on his way. Nevermind the poor guy couldn't breathe right or move his arms in a full motion. Where's the pain meds, people!? Three days later and he's feeling a lot better. Well, better than Saturday morning anyway. Those darn strains seem to take FOR-EVER to repair. So he got to work from home and had to get a sub for tennis, so we had him all weekend!

Mother's Day was VERY nice for me! Scott watched the kids all day while I got to go to the G&J Show with my mom and Adam (yes, he had a great time too) and then out to lunch. The Show turned out to be really fun. We always have a great time together, the three of us. We're usually laughing about something or other and reminiscing about the past. Btw, Adam does a HILARIOUS imitation of the Indian guy who presumably works at the 7-11 and runs the slurpee machine! As my mother's day gift I got to pick out something pretty for myself there at the show. I ended up getting a bangle watch (leopard print!) and a really pretty square cut ring. PLUS there was hardly anyone there at the show when we got there, so NO SHOVING necessary. It made the whole experience a lot easier and more enjoyable. Then I got home just in time to meet with Scott's side of our family. That's always fun too. Now that we have all three kids, it's just easier on everyone if we meet here at our house and let the kids do their thing. Zach gets pretty wild when we get in a crowded get together and in a new environment, so it's best to minimize where he can go and stay with what he knows. We had Subway for dinner then Alicia made a really refreshing Angel Food Cake with crushed pineapple/pudding/whip cream topping. It was really good, especially for a Summer get-together. I highly recommend it! Then I made a pot of coffee and we sat around a chewed the fat, watched the kids play and just enjoyed the day. It was nice! It made me painfully aware though that we are tight for space when we all get together. Our table has a leaf, but we don't have enough chairs and when we put the leaf in we have even less room to walk around. So the guys had to stand up to eat and when we were in the living room a few of us had to sit on the floor. In the grand scheme of things it's no big deal and on the majority it's just the five of us, so for NOW it works. I think as these kids grow though - it'll be tight having two adults and three grown children buzzing or sitting around in here.

All in all, I had a great mother's day and I hope that we made my own mother and Scott's mother feel loved as we spent time together. As Kate said on 'Jon and Kate Plus Eight' - I think Mother's day should be once a month! :)

On a sadder note...I do feel so bad for those Mormon mothers (sexual scandal aside) that have to be without their babies today. I don't think that Mormons actually celebrate "Mother's Day" per say, but as I enjoyed my own kids last night I thought of all those mothers whose many children are separated from their families and siblings and have not seen their mothers for weeks. It's tragedy in play. I mean...I have three small children who depend on me day and night, one little nursling at my breast and I couldn't go a few hours without thinking of them every twenty minutes. I can hardly bear the thought of being forced away from them for even one night let alone weeks, not knowing when I'd get to be with them, worrying if they are scared or being cared for how I would do it. *grasping my chest* It's SO sad for those babies and their parents.

Well...it's taken me two hours to compose this blog entry due to the usual hubbub around here. I'd better "get 'er done!" around here. :)

Have a great Monday! It's mucho laundry and some pants hemming for me today.

No comments: