Friday, May 9, 2008

Plans for Mother's Day Weekend

I feel like this weekend is mapped out to the hour. Scott's workload increased again, which I knew was coming but is never a completely happy thing for me. So instead of him studying in the extra minutes, he'll be working. Don't get me wrong, love the job, love that he in totally committed, but with three kids when he's off work I need him home. But this weekend is stocked full of things to do and Saturday morning has been committed to KDG. He'll try to get in at 6am and work probably until his tennis plans at Noon. Then he'll come home, shower and be ours for the rest of the day. Abby and I are pleased to be invited to our friend Isabela's First Communion this weekend. I appreciate the invitation b/c I feel like they feel we're part of the family circle. Isabela really is like a sister to Abby. They're together nearly every day, along with Isa's sister Franchesca. They've been that way for several years now. It helps they are two houses down from us. :) So - we're very glad to go see and support this HUGE event in her religious life.

Sunday morning will be church at the 9am service (no leaving early, right P. Steve!? *wink*) and then meet my mom at The Gem and Jewelry Show at 11am-ish. She LOVES going to this show. It's a huge coliseum of vendors from around the world selling their niche of jewelry, beads, loose gemstones, rare and generic rocks, bricka-brack, fur coats, leather purses and perfume. I can usually get through the hundreds of vendors within an hour, but my mom and brothers like to really stop and look and each place. And bless my soul if they find a vendor they like! If it weren't SO awful crowded and the people SO rude in there, I might be able to handle it better, but within minutes of being there I've usually been pushed out of the way, rudely been talked to and/or snubbed. So, I tend to peruse and then commit to a location and wait. Note to self: bring bottled water b/c anything consumable in this place will cost you your firstborn child. I do kinda hope to find something beautiful, shiny and reasonably priced while I'm there. I am a glitter girl, so if it sparkles I'm attracted. I just hate being shoved out of the way while I'm gazing. Ya know? After the G&J Show we'll go on over to The Spaghetti Warehouse for late lunch/early dinner. We kinda love this place. It's an old warehouse downtown that's converted into a rustic restaurant. Their food is nothing to scream about but the ambiance of the place is what keeps you coming back. You can even eat in an old train car, if there is seating available. Then my other side of the family (Hi Mom and Alicia) will be coming over for dinner-dinner. I'll have to just have a drink and appetizer at the Warehouse so I don't spoil my dinner.

I also assume I'll be kissed and hugged a lot by a cute seven year old girl and thirty-two year old hubby, and told I'm the best Mother in the world. The best part will be the homemade gift/card that Abby has been secretly creating in school. She's very excited about it and it's every mother's heart joy to dramatically fawn over marker, macaroni and tissue paper laden projects that you know your baby made with her own fingers and love. I imagine it'll be given to me today after school b/c just like her own mother, she cannot keep a secret to save her life. I;ll tell her to hold onto it for me til Sunday and she'll burst and say "Nooooo way, Mom. You have to have it NOW!" I love it!

Happy Mother's Day to all the Moms! Thanks for doing all that you did, are doing and will do in the future! I'm blessed to have a great relationship with my own mother now and a mother-in-law that I love very much and gives me no cause to say "mother-in-law" with a bad taste in my mouth. THAT is something to sing about this weekend!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We have our weekend mapped out as well. 9:00 a.m. till 10:00 a.m. is Gymnastics for the girls, after that I have spinning guild. Then lunch, nap, and time with Grandparents. At some point today I need to finish grocery shopping.

Tomorrow will be church as usual, followed by nap, and then more time with grandparents. If I were smart, I'd be getting dressed right now and feeding the kids. I'm just to sleepy still.

Magpie said...

HEY Manda! Welcome!

Poor hubby had to go to the Urgent Care for a muscle strain, so the plans have changed. Still gotta get all the things done, just now I have some handicapped help. :)

Happy Mothers Day!

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm......I think your "32 yr old hubby" has snuck in an extra birthday that you're not counting!

Magpie said...

LOL - I know he mentioned that! I'm terrible remembering - I forget how old I am a lot!