Tuesday, May 6, 2008

This and That

Yesterday was interesting. Cinco De Mayo!

Lilly started crawling. Actually, she can get up on her knees and move forward once, maybe twice. She's doing it though! I was/am SO proud. Plus I realized that I have been here for her every "first" including this big one. I can't say that for the other two babes b/c I was working full time or part time with them. This time though, I get to see it all...good and bad. It feels good inside.

Zachary is still doing well with the training. He goes pee every day at least twice a day, if not more. The other end though...not so good. I cleaned up poo TWICE yesterday. Once he was running around in undies and I caught him in the commando crouch. I tried to stop him but it was already in play and he completely freaked out on me if I got within a few feet of him. I eventually had to pull him out of the corner kicking and screaming. I wasn't mad either. I know this will take time and that other part usually takes a little longer than the first. So we cleaned him up and sent him on his way. Then I laid him down for a nap. I warned him to leave the diaper on (he's been taking it off since he thinks he's allowed now) "or else." I heard him whining up there and after so many trips before, I just let him whine. Then a few minutes later I heard him cry and scream for me. "MO-MMY!!!!!!!! I POOP IN DA BED!!!!!!!!!!!" *groan, throw my hands in the air and growl* I hurried up to his room only to see him standing in his bed pointing at what had happened. Ugh! Gross! What do I do first? Grab the kid? Grab the turd? Wrap them all up in the blankets and run 'em to the tub? Nope. I ran downstairs for the camera! Scott HAD to see what HIS son did. I sent him a lovely pic of the experience with a caption that read "I need a raise!" Then I took care of the turd and then the kid and then the blankets.

Ever wonder why I don't write more about Abby here? Well, honestly, she's not nearly as exciting as the other two are right now. She gets woken up, whines, goes to school (does FABULOUSLY btw), comes home, whines, plays with her friends, whines, begrudgingly brushes her teeth, whines and goes to bed. And then we do it all again the next day. It's really boring. She's the easiest one right now, actually. She gets pushed aside a lot too due to the other two demanding so much attention. Bless her heart.


Oh, did I mention Scott moved his test up to Thursday? It's gonna feel so great for him to have it out of the way. We're all a twitter over here waiting for Thursday. Abby even asked, "Dad, when are you gonna be done studying!?" Hopefully FOREVER on Thursday, Sweetie!

So that covers everyone else. How am I doing? I feel like I'm losing my mind every other hour. I swing from perfectly content to miserably exhausted to Mrs. Clean to Mrs. I'll Get it Tomorrow so many times in the day. What is it with us women that we have all these emotions and hormones that get caught up and intertwined with all the excessive crap we do all day. I'll be standing here thinking "I cannot DO one more thing or I'll explode!" and then get a note in Abby's book bag that they need volunteers at school. My mind will just race thinking "how can I squeeze that in? Can someone help me with the kids so I can do that?" Or this weekend is Mother's Day. I am driving myself nutty running scheduling scenarios on how I can squeeze everyone in, plus somehow do all my other regular things like wipes pee off the toilet seats, run the vacuum and feed the children. Why is it that when I think about going to get a pedicure or taking my mom out to lunch this weekend, I feel totally guilty? Like I shouldn't be leaving the kids or Scott behind. Like I am taking something away from them in order to get something for myself. One minute I'm telling myself I just need to slow down and write down what I absolutely must do in a day and only do that. The next I'm running around here like a nut trying to sweep the floor that I've already swept twice earlier instead of just sitting to play with the kids. Even now, I'm posting this message and thinking at the same time, "you should be outside cleaning that carpet cleaner you told your mom you'd sell for her on Craigslist. The kids are sleeping, it's the perfect time." I don't remember feeling this overwhelmed when I worked. I knew what I had to get done, when it needed done and I did it. Lunch was at a certain time, Quitting time at the same time. I had reviews that told me where I was doing well and where I was lacking. I don't have much structure at all here. Okay, note to self: do not ask yourself how you are doing. You ramble. :)

I'm off to cut the grass. It always makes me feel good to mow the grass - like I've really accomplished a big job in a little time. Zach's not sleeping anyway and he's standing here asking for everything under the sun. "I watch Kipper, Mom? I go outside, Mom? I have chips, Mom?" Here we go!!

Have a great Tuesday!!


Edited to Add:

As I was mowing and after I read the daily devotional, I asked myself..."Christy, why is it really that you DO all the things you do? Why do you make yourself nuts running this way and that doing for everyone else?" Then I answered myself very quickly, which usually tells me it not really me at all, but rather the Holy Spirit..."because what you do matters to those you love the most." Well, isn't THAT the truth, and so simple. If I can just remember to tell myself that when I start getting in a snit about ALL the things I do around here and no one helps me (not true really, my hubby is a great dishwasher, tension breaker, putting to bed of the kids guy and he never complains anymore when he has no clean underwear (just leaves the drawer open so I notice.) Abby also does her best to help when Lilly starts crying, even though I tell her she just makes things worse by being so loud *putting the bag over my head*.) I do all these things I do because it makes my life and everyone around me easier/happier/more content/fulfilled/etc. I do these things b/c I can and b/c God gave me the perfect qualities to do so. Thanks, Lord, for the attitude adjustment. :)

Incidentally, one of my very best friends sent me this media file and I found it also on Youtube.


No comments: