Thursday, May 15, 2008

Thursday


Well, nothing all too interesting going on here at the moment. We're still waiting for Scott's test results and are on countdown to the last day of school. Abby has 15 school days left! Hard to believe and that'll go slower than it sounds. Do you remember that? Just how slooooow those last days of school drug by. I do. Then you waited for the mail to come (just like Scott *wink*) to get the grade card that had a check that said "Pass to the next grade" or "Remain in current grade." I was that kid that just flew under the radar, just did enough to keep the adults off of my back and pass. So sad to think about really b/c I had great potential to do better. Anyway, now we have TWO things to anticipate in the coming days. :) Oh, and I thought it was too funny this morning and knew I could share here. Abby got up two days in a row, dressed herself in pretty clothes and came downstairs without being asked. Shocking, I know! So today she had on a leopard print skirt and a black top completed with gym tennis shoes and green striped socks. LOL! It's like she has two sides to her. She desperately wants to be fashionable and wear what she loves (a.k.a strappy, sparkley sandals), but then there is her sensible, sensory side that tells her she has gym today and must wear tennis shoes and socks. So she compromises and does both. Actually, now that I think of it, I'm gonna attach a picture of her I took last week when she came down wearing a different concoction and made me laugh. She even struck a pose like she was something hot. LOL I love that girl! ANY-WAY...she jumps out of the van and meets Isabela at the curb. This next action HAS to be totally inbred in females b/c I swear it was like watching nature happen. They come hip to hip and as they are walking to the big grey doors Abby takes an inventory scan of Isabela from head straight to her shoes and back up...AND as if on cue, Isabela did the EXACT SAME THING to Abby. If I had blinked I would have missed it...it was so quick. But you could almost see their little gears turning inside, comparing themselves, taking note of what the other had on, judging the outfits. It was hilarious to me and I really did laugh out loud.

What else? Don't forget next week is the American Idol finale! Tuesday at 8pm (EST). Which David will it be!? I'm completely torn. I like both a lot now. They both have a career no matter what and if I'm thinking in the "this is NOT a popularity contest" vein...I'd vote for David Cook. He really is the entire package deal! I'd buy his CD right now, I think. David A is totally adorable and has an A-MAZING voice. Possible downfalls: he's still quite young and could benefit from more life experience and professional grooming. He's also kinda pigeon holed into that ballad genre. I could totally see him on Broadway. And SPEAKING OF THAT...Fantasia freaked me out last night. Scott and I couldn't believe our eyes. She came across as this crazy Amazon woman and (even though I'm sure that's the way the song was meant) she was singing SO hard and fast that I couldn't understand her half the time. Phew - and that hair. God love her. I forgive her though b/c she's on Broadway with The Color Purple, which is one of my all time favorite movies. I'd actually love to see that show. Hell, I'd like to see ANYTHING on Broadway! Someday.

One more thing...the new ticker. That is simply a daily reminder for me. I have a goal of paying down the van, this year if possible. So each time I make a payment I simply enter in the amount and it shows me moving down the debt. It's a good thing...I need daily motivation. I'm also planning to go cash/debit again. Whenever I do that, it forces me to pay attention to what I'm spending b/c it comes directly from checking. Our credit card bill seems to keep staying up too high and even though we pay it off every month, it's waaaay too much. Our pastor just mentioned this as a biblical way of managing your finances too. Romans 13:8 Let no debt remain outstanding except the debt of loving one another. Plus, with gas and food prices going up, it's best to cut costs and spending now and focus on the goal of paying off the van. Scott's car is paid for and we hope it'll last at least until we get the van taken care of. One car payment at a time, please! Last year we took a lot of dings as far as major expenses go and so we took a LOT out of savings, to the point of near depletion. My goal this year is to only put money IN. We have enough in there for any emergencies, but if we live more simply and contentedly then we'll be able to put more money away, esp for the kids' college funds. So - that's what's up with the ticker. Hee hee...short story, long.

Have a great one!

No comments: