Friday, May 2, 2008

The Factory is Closed!

After giving birth to Lilly I KNEW I was finished being pregnant and that she would be my last baby to raise. I had no guilt or question at all - it just was time and I knew it. I told myself that same thing after Zach was born, but didn't take any permanent precautions. Voila - Lilly! :) I'm glad she's here, but even more glad that she's my last. Pregnancy is SOOO hard on our bodies and even harder on our emotions. I was a complete hag during the last two especially and FAAAT. Oh my word did I get fat! No more of that, thank you.

So after talking with the ob/gyn and Scott, I decided that I wanted to go ahead and get the Essure procedure done as a permanent birth control. It was really easy actually! It took about 45 minutes. I had to go under anesthesia but came out easily and was awake/ready to go home quickly. I had no real down time either. It took me a few hours to wake up from being groggy and a nap helped, but I went to Abby's Christmas program that same night.

Today I had an appointment to have a dye test done in order to be sure the tubes are completely scarred shut. I felt like I was at a regular gyn appt except that it was clearly in a surgical/radiology setting. They most concerning part was that all three people in the room (doc, radiologist and nurse) geared up in lead aprons AND scarves . Ummm...hello? Do I get any lead or is it just dangerous for you guys? *nervously laughing* It was very cool actually to look up at the screen and see my innards functioning around my bones. The doc and radiologist thought they saw a fibroid tumor, but we quickly excused it as the septum of my irregularly shaped uterus. My first gyn explained to me that I have a severely heart shaped uterus and that it would most likely cause me great difficulty in getting pregnant. HA! One. Two. Three. Nope, no difficulty here! SOOOOO - anyway. The test confirmed that I am indeed unable to get pregnant in the normal fashion. WOOOHOO!! *doing the happy dance* I can now rest easy and no longer worry about birth control. Pretty cool, eh!? That part of my life is now over. I can square up my shoulders and face the future of enjoying my three babies as much as possible. What is that? Is that a light? Yea, I can see it...down there...at the end of the child-rearing tunnel. RUN! Hee hee hee. Nah, I'll try to stay in the moment and enjoy these kids as little ones. When I told the doc today that Scott and I joke about bringing Lilly back to him, he quickly said he'd easily swap me Lilly for his two teenage daughters. He even wrote down Dr. Ray's website, name and title of the book. Tee hee. I guess it doesn't get easier as they get older then. Oye!


Max is doing better, I think. He's not gasping for air anymore and he feels less hot to the touch. My job is to keep his meds going and get him to eat anything at all. Michae even said to give him a hamburger if he'd eat it. I haven't seen him eat or drink anything except what we gave him last night to get his pills down, plus half a hot dog, two slices of turkey meat and some pieces of chicken. Hopefully we'll hear from the vet this afternoon. If it's just pneumonia then we will have to keep him on antibiotics for several months until we're sure he's all better.

By the way, whoever said "sleep begets sleep" was 110% correct. Zach took a two hour naps, went to sleep finally about 10:00ish and slept ALL night, no screaming. Lilly slept all night as well, and then within two hours of being awake this morning is taking a nap and it's been an hour already. Woohoo! Too bad Mommy can't sleep at the same time. :)


More later! Have a great day, all!

No comments: