Monday, May 19, 2008

The Stroller Dilemna

Way to go, Christy! *smack myself in the forehead* I decided that I wanted a double jogging stroller instead of the Sit-n-Stand double stroller I had (which was quite nice.) So I go trolling on Craigslist and find what I think is the one I want. I go through about ten emails and a few phone calls trying to organize getting together with this seller and in the meantime I sell my own stroller in order to pay for this one. I finally reach her today and get over to her house only to find that the damn thing won't fit in my trunk. DARN IT! Are you kidding me? Why wouldn't I ask the dimensions before 1) selling my own and 2) going through all this trouble!? So now I'm strollerless with two small kids. Actually, I have two umbrella strollers, so in a pinch I could use one of those and make Zach walk but I'd really rather shove bamboo up my fingernails than venture out without him being strapped down. It ALWAYS turns into a struggle and ends with me sweating through the armpits of my shirt and cursing the day he was born. And I know what you're thinking... "you should just MAKE him walk" or "he needs to be disciplined enough to walk with you" or "he'll learn if you just give him some freedom" but believe me, I've tried it all (bribes, time outs, leashes, threats, spanking, pinching the flesh on his shoulder, respectfully asking, holding his hand firm.) Plus we all have to remember I have an eight month old I have to carry or push as well, so if he dashes off I have to either run to keep up, baby flopping and weighing me down, or leave her behind. It's easier on us all if he just gets into a stroller and knows he's in there for the long haul. He has no qualms about being in the stroller either - I think it works for him too. He's not mature enough to know the dangers of not sticking with Mom/Dad. Abby was not like that - she was always a more cautious child. I know, I know...no comparing. That's not fair to either child. So I need to find an alternative situation and soon! This keeps us from going to the park, walks around the neighborhood, malls, major outings. I CAN'T believe I painted myself into this corner. What a goof!

No comments: