Friday, May 23, 2008

Of Course

Yesterday (or was it the day before) I checked the weather forecast for this Memorial Weekend and was excited by what I saw. Three days of warmth and sunshine!! Oh the possibilities that lie ahead!! Of course I check again today and Memorial Day it's suppose to be the highest temperature it's been all year - 86! - and isolated thunderstorms. Go figure. It always rains on Memorial Day.

Still waiting for Scott's exam results. I actually get angry when I grab the mail and it's nothing but credit card applications and ads. I shout out, "Damn it, Creditors. Stop it! I DON'T WANT YOUR CARD and this is NOT a good time to send me two thick envelopes that look official!" Poor Scott too. He's not a very good patient person. He's tried, but we're starting the third week of waiting and the thought of waiting through TWO days without mail delivery looms over like a heavy Memorial Day thunderhead. I hope it comes today or tomorrow, for his sake. Stinking State of Ohio board...they know the results and are not calling, emailing or posting results. Don't they understand the stress this puts a person under!? *drumming my fingers on the counter*

Off to make myself presentable for the day! We have a slumber party here tonight and the excitement is building. Abby can hardly stand it! TWO friends get to stay over! They're gonna make their own pizzas and watch a movie, and any other goofy girlie thing they can think of...barbies, make-up, writing notes, Webkins, etc. It'll be fun!

No comments: