Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Don't Shake His Hand

One of the "joys" of potty training a boy is the constant screaming of "STOP TOUCHING YOUR WIENER!!" Honestly, it's become his favorite toy and past time. Nothing else to do? Grab the wiener. Oh, there's a Barney video box! I wonder where that should go? On my wiener! "Hey Mom, look what I can do!?" I look over to see him pulling it so far that I was pretty sure he was going to hurt himself. So, I'm pretty tired of asking him to stop touching himself.

This evening I talked him into a stroller walk and had to wrangle him down to get a diaper on. I run to corner him, sweep him up in my arms and fling him to the couch. I grab the diaper and within three seconds, he's got his hands on it already. GAH! I drop my arms to the sides and whine in a completely defeated tone, "Zachary, HOW many time do I have to ask you to STOP grabbing your wiener!?" He rolled his eyes upward for a split second, looked right back at me and said, "32 times." Pflt! I threw my head onto his tummy and laughed uncontrollably. Then he grabbed my head in his chubby hands, pulled my face to his and said, "I saw-wee, Mom." *heart melting in my chest* Are you kidding me? I could just eat his face, he's so stinking cute. It's moments like that that you want to freeze time and keep them small forever.

In the meantime, should you ever come across this dear, sweet, hilarious little boy - do NOT shake hands with him! *wink*

No comments: