Wednesday, May 14, 2008

"He's just three"

*sigh* Someone needs to remind me of this daily b/c I could just SCREEEEAAAAAMM!! He's been awake for about fifteen minutes and I've already had to swat his toosh once for deliberately disobeying me (walking on the back of the couch.) Not only that, I have to hear "whas dat!?" and repeated commands two THOUSAND times a day. You can tell him exactly what something is, and it's something he's seen before like say a diaper, but he has to ask you at least five times in succession. And he can't just ask for Kipper once, it has to be ten times. Grrr! I know, I know...he's figuring things out, Christy. Just give the kid a break. I just get so exhausted by it all day long. Like right, for instance, he's sitting right beside Lilly wrapped in a blanket (he is) and he's trying to wrap her up with him. Cute, right!? WRONG! This quickly escalates to him rolling right on top of her, laying with all his weight on her and watching her struggle and scream. And we've told him no on this at least a hundred times. Last night he picked Lilly up and then dropped her just as I was rounding the corner to the living room. GAH!!! I know he's just three years old, but he's driving me NUTS! And then in an hour he'll be the cute, sweet little guy again. All of this is normal according to the book "Your Three Year Old" but I'm ready, waaay ready, for him to be older.

No comments: