Thursday, May 8, 2008

Workout

I FINALLY got back to the YMCA today and got a workout in. Exercise Fusion they call it! It's a combination of aerobic workout and strength training with weights, body bar and a step. It feels pretty intense! After being out so long today just drug by. I looked up at the clock hoping I had like fifteen minutes left in the hour, but it'd been only half an hour. I sweat my toosh off! It's good. Then I checked my weight..blah. Friggin' scale! I'd gained a few pounds back. Can't blame the scale as much as the pizza and milkshakes...or maybe myself? I'm not all worried about it or anything, not gonna run over and throw up my lunch or beat myself. But I do need to kick it up a couple notches if I want to lose the rest of the weight I want to by my second goal date, which is July 17th. That's seven pounds in nine and half weeks. I can do that! Oooh...but those chocolate chip milkshakes we eat are SOOOO good. It's a sin.

I also realized when I got there, facing the whole wall of unholy mirrors, that I looked like death warmed over. What is it with those mirrors anyway? I swear I look like the hunchback of Notre Dame in them. So I hurry in there and pee on my spot on the floor (you have to mark your section in that class b/c it's SO full), run back to the bathroom and go pee for real, then race back just in time to start the class. I glance at myself and realize I hadn't washed my face at all before I left the house, my hair was falling completely out of the rubber band and my tennis shoes were green from mowing the grass. I felt like melting into the floor even while my arms and legs were obeying the tiny screaming woman in the front. Everyone else looked great in their workout gear too. *sticking my tongue out* Some women even have their make-up on to the T, hair perfectly placed and such. Ugh. Well, at least I got there, right!? And the point IS to workout and sweat, not look pretty. So I give it all I got and am thankful that I did it. I can get a shower and look decent later, I suppose. What's worse about this scenario is that I was up at 600am and had plenty of time to shower and get ready. I piddled my 40 minutes away this morning that i had to myself. Oh well, tomorrow is another day. I am thinking that I should be getting up at 6am each day anyway. If the kids are sleeping through the night, I should be getting up early to get myself clean and presentable, and also to get my daily devotions done. I always do SO much better in the day when I get a daily front end alignment with God.

Off to do something less exciting than typing about myself. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well said.