Friday, January 2, 2009

No Resolutions, Just Some Things I'd Like to Do


Well, some things I'd like to do and some things I'd like to stop doing. So I was thinking yesterday and today about resolutions and how they are such a good idea, but almost always get forgotten or broken within the first month. I think instead of making one or two resolutions, I'm gonna make a short list of things that I'd like to get accomplished this year, be it something new to try or something I'd like to change about myself. 2008 was fully about surviving the kids. I nearly had a mental breakdown during the Summer just from the sheer weight of the responsibility of THREE small children. But, thanks be to God, I did survive with the help of some good friends, one stronger mother than I and my dear husband. So in 2009 I really want to commit to getting outside of these four wall, outside of my label of "mother" and into the real world where I can enjoy life. My kids are growing and maturing so I can start to focus less on them and more on my marriage, my friends, myself, etc.

Okay, so here's my short list. I have fifteen things on this list so far (more may come along) and I figure that I can try to accomplish one a month. Some are harder than others and take planning and daily commitment, some are one time things, but ALL are doable this year.

  • Go on a beach vacation with my hubby
  • Run a 5K (or more?) and actually condition so I can have a respectable time
  • Lose fifteen pounds
  • Get a tattoo that has some personal meaning
  • Climb the rockwall in Easton
  • Finish the book I started writing a year and a half ago
  • Pay ahead on our home loan
  • Have lunch with Abby at school
  • Volunteer to do something I have never done before, am uncomfortable with and will help someone else
  • Have more awesome s*x (with my husband of course) more frequently (see the lose fifteen pounds)
  • Cut down the pizzas and milkshakes (see the lose fifteen pounds)
  • Actually see Zach fully potty-trained
  • Drink more water and less coffee (starting today)
  • Hike around the Hocking Hills with Scott and Abby
  • Play tennis with Scott on a real hardcourt, not on the Wii.
Are you committing to change anythings this new year?? I'm curious, let me know!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Spending quality time with you.

Magpie said...

Awe!!