Thursday, April 9, 2009

Abba

That You thought of me, I am humbled. Sin threatened my life like thief with a dagger, but You bore the slash and pain of that dagger, the weight of my sin, the separation that was to be mine.

I watch this video and I cry every time...the whole movie was agony because I knew as I watched that my sin deserved that and You did not. What a gift! What an absolutely beautiful gift that I am embarrassed to say I disregard so many days of my year. I am SO sorry, Father. Forgive me for letting earthly life take precedence over You. I thank you for washing away my sins with one simple prayer and accepting of a free gift. Thank you for taking my nails, my lashes of the whip, my kicks and punches, my crown of thorns and my death and separation from God. It seems so small to even say Thank You for it. Lord, may my life be an offering to You on a daily basis. Change me. Woo me. Call me strongly to be a sold out, all committed servant of the Most High.

I love you.

No comments: