Thursday, April 16, 2009

A Couple Random Thoughts



1. I love, love, love fresh pineapple. Oh yum-o. I've actually never had it until now b/c I'm not a huge fan of pineapple anyway. I always picked around it in the fruit cocktail. Then a friend at work gave me a slice of hers to taste and wow... we now have it cut and ready each week. I'm making pineapple smoothies with coconut milk for Abby and I. Yum. If you have an Aldi store near by you they carry REALLY sweet pineapples for $1.99.

2. This morning's sunshine is confusing me. It's too bright, too early and it keeps making me feel like I'm behind. We've had grey skies and rain for well, a week or better (seems like a month!) and this bright, sunshiney sunshine is most welcome but oh so strange. It's frickin' freezing outside, but as I look outside I can see plumes of steam dancing upward off of each fence picket and piece of deck furniture. It looks like the wetness is praising God, if you ask me. :)

3. Speaking of God. He shows up at the greatest times. As I'm slurping down my chocolate martini #2 last night I get a ping from a facebook friend and we begin to chat. I'm facebooking, having much needed stress relieving cocktails, listening/watching American Idol and having such a sweet chat with my friend who is telling me all about her praiseworthy experience of losing her first child. She amazed me. I appreciated and soaked in the spiritual maturity of her ability to praise God in the face of such a loss. For her to be able to see and touch her son's copper red hair, his still, porcelain face, feel the amazement that he is and give him and it ALL to God in the same space of time. Wow. Her story touched me so b/c it reminded me that fear, anxiety, loss and pain are not winners. I watch today as my mom goes through misery and torture and wonder, "God, where are you? Why won't you bless her? Why won't you MOVE? She's soo sad and lonely and apart." My friend's story reminds me that He is always there, no matter it be during a celebration or a mourning or anything between...HE...IS...THERE. The heart is the issue. Where is the heart? Is it sucuumbing to the siren call of fear, anxiety, loss and pain or is it broken and open to God.

4. I ran three full miles yesterday! Although I did have to walk a few small portions of it...I'm still proud of myself for making it through. Mile four...here I come!

No comments: