Sunday, November 9, 2008

Someone Put Me Out Of My Misery

The past 24 hours or so have been complete misery. The kids are absolutely climbing the walls and Scott and I are too. It's like being caged up with four other snarling animals. In fact, I'm pretty sure Lilly is about to sprout fangs, a snout and gnaw on our bones like teething toys. She's wicked mean right now. Srsly. She's lucky I nursed her and created a maternal bond with her b/c if I hadn't I may be too tempted to take her to the fire station and drop her butt off.

Scott and I are stressed to the ceiling too. Scott's walking around bored to tears b/c he can't run or play tennis and I'm dying to get out of the house and do ANYTHING that doesn't involve groceries or kids. Neither one of us can seem to make the children happy for any good length of time, so we both end up lying on the couch or floor with two or more of them bouncing on us while we stare numbly into space. We had a plan to get out together last night, but our sitter fell through and instead we threw emotionally poisoned darts at each other until bedtime and went to bed mad. I love those nights. NOT.

Today has been a smidge better but only by a hair.

Thank God tomorrow is coming soon. School, work, routine...thank you, Jesus!

I do have a personal shopping/errand day planned for Wednesday. The in-laws (hi Mom!) are coming to play with the kids from Noonish til dinnertime and I hope to get some fully needed alone time and Christmas shopping done. I've got a short list going in my head of the places I want to go, but I'd better write it all down and plan. I've done this before...had a few hours to go do things and ended up walking circles in Walmart like an old lady who lost her car in a parking lot, wondering what in the H I was suppose to be getting. Before I knew it, it was time to go home and I'd done MAYBE one thing on my list. I will not do that this time. :)

If I had a glass of something good to drink I'd hold it up and propose a toast to better days, but I don't. So I'll just go crawl back into my corner and wait for tomorrow. Hurrrrry.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok....that picture is just scary and I think I will now have nightmares! aaaaah its kind of "Chucky" like and you know how much I like him!:) Yeah make your list and be efficient with your free time. I found myself walking through Target the other day glazed over and I didn't get half the stuff on my list! ugh
-E

Magpie said...

HA! Abby saw the Chucky movie at Krogers yesterday (on sale in the Halloween section) and she got all creeped out by him. Yea, the pic is friggin scary looking, but that's pretty much how Lilly is acting lately...quite ferocious! And now she has the lava poop to match her attitude. Lovely!

Oh your turn is coming, deary! *wink* Audrey is just giving you a preview right now. :)