Tuesday, November 4, 2008

There has been A LOT going on around here lately. At least it seems so anyway!

Scott's recovering well from his ankle sprain. He was walking on it gingerly yesterday, but is still wearing the aircast and using the crutches for today.

Lilly's butt is in great working order again, but now her new chompers are causing major grief and a fever. Last night she was at 102.1, but today she's had a reprieve.

Still no progress on the potty training with Zach. This dude just doesn't want to poo on the toilet. I've done everything in my motherly power, right down to begging and bribing WHILE he's dumping in his pants. But his will is really strong. And at the risk of scarring him emotionally I've even tried forcing him to sit on the toilet for extended periods and bending him in half to do so. At this point it's a defeat for mom and I have to resign myself every day from the war. Some people say it's just a matter of him being emotionally ready to stop crapping in his underwear and some say it's a view of things to come (like maybe he'll be 12 and still not pooping on the potty?) Either way, I'm just trying my best to reassure him that it's okay to sit on the toilet every day and trying my darnedest NOT to have a complete psychotic meltdown when I have to wipe big boy poop off of his toosh. Poor Scott had a major offense the other day while on poop duty and couldn't scrub his thumb hard enough to get the stench off. GAH!

I voted today, although not eagerly. It just is what it is at this point. *sigh* Watch and see, I guess.

On the emotional front, for some reason I'm all sappy about missing my Dad lately. Over the years of not seeing him, it's just because life to be numb to not having a relationship with him. A protective measure, I'm sure. But for, oh, I'd say the past six months, off and on I've had this heavy feeling of just wanting to be near him. I got the green light from hubby today to look at airfare prices for tickets out to my Dad's place, but even with a sweet deal of $300 per ticket (plus friggin taxes, baggage and breathing prices) I'm having a hard time pressing CONFIRM. It's just a lot of money for us right now, esp in light of our recent moves to economize our living/spending. So...I wait. Maybe I'll regret it, but maybe I won't. I'm not saying I won't go ahead with going, I'm just gonna wait and pray a little bit.




Trick or Treat was super fun! Scott's parents surprised the kids by coming dressed as clowns. Gramma Sandie was totally unrecognizable with make-up and no glasses and a big red nose, but Papaw...no so much. Abby handed him the candy, took another glance and then said "HEY! WAIT A MINUTE!" and ran after him. Hee hee.








And then my mom dressed up as a witch
and handed out candy at our house.
She loves this holiday. She's already planning for next year. :)








Now it's time to start focusing on Thanksgiving meals and the Christmas Season. I just adore these holidays! It's definitely a focus on the family and friends time.
Here are a few photos of the kids and our beautiful tree in the back yard. It's leaves look GORGEOUS this time of year!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, if this makes you feel any better at all... My son 4 mind you will hold his poop until he is completely miserable and crying to hold the darn poop in? So yesterday out of much frustration with him I told him that if he had to go and wouldn't that I would whip him all the way up stairs to his potty! And in the end I DID It! So here's to hoping that I don't have to do that again but hoping one time will work of that! I just don't get it! so here at 4 1/2 we aren't dealing with poopy in pants but Not pooping at all!
Awesome pics! I need to get some of my kids with the leaves! Some advice-- I know money is tight and such but I think it would be good if you can to go see your dad! It's called woman's intution too!

--IrishMama!

Magpie said...

Well, I don't know if I should find comfort in the fact that Luke is still having problems OR NOT. Bless his heart!! Abby held her poo for a spell too...fecal hoarding, I think it's called. Just an awful experience for all involved.

I think what it comes down to is that he's not moving on MY time table and it's irritating me. Handling poo is one of THE most disgusting things to me. It's bad enough with a baby and a diaper, but when it's a big boy who's capable...it's just gross. I love that little guy and really just want to be over this. So I'm trying to chill out and let him do it on his own timing. I definitely don't want to make it harder for him.

Thanks for the encouragement about the tickets!