Monday, September 8, 2008

Much of Nothing

I know the posts lately have been kinda boring. I've just had a writer's block, but more on the emotional side. I think of lots of things throughout the day that I could write about (if I had a laptop at THAT moment) and life really hasn't slowed down or become less interesting. I just get to the computer and watch the cursor blink, thinking "that will NOT be interesting to anyone else" or "they're gonna drive nails in their eyeballs if I make one more poop reference." Plus, by the time I get over here to the computer, after running btwn umpteen other things, someone around me is wanting something and knowing this I feel defeated before I even get started. And when I DO get to write for a length of time I just struggle to get the words to flow. *sigh* That sucks.

So I'm considering a guest poster, but whom shall I ask? I know a few people well enough to ask such a thing, but also several others who are great bloggers but I don't KNOW them well. Hmmm...I'll have to think on this one.

Do you think Dooce would guest post for me? Do you think I'd have the courage to ask?

We shall see...I'll think about it.

On another note...I'm reading a guh-reat book right now. It's called Twilight by Stephanie Meyer. I had been reading The Pact by Jodi Picault, but it was SO slow to read that it was a struggle, even though the storyline was interesting. Just as I was about to the end of it, my friend Karynda handed me this new book and said it was SO good. Later I thumbed through the first few pages reading it quickly. Half an hour later I knew I'd been sucked into la-la novel land and wasn't to return until the last page was read. It's wierd how when you're really into a novel you think about the characters throughout the day. Anyway, this Twilight is a love story between a teenage girl (I think it's from the teen section at Barnes and Noble) and a vampire, Edward Cullen. It's not so much about the vampire's life right now as it is about them falling in love and trying to figure each other out. It's a four book series, so I'm sure it gets more into the vampy life later.

For now I keep walking around the house saying stuff like, "it's an impossible relationship! She must realize that, right? It'll never work unless she becomes one of them! She wouldn't do that. Right?" I DO love falling into a great book. A nice side effect of sitting around, ignoring the things I should be doing is that Zachary now climbs into the big purple chair across from me and holds his Clifford the Big Red Dog book up, thumbing the pages with interest. Like mother, like son...I hope. :)

No comments: