Saturday, September 6, 2008

We felt like teenagers again

Scott's parents offered us a whole afternoon/early evening off from the kids so that we could go out alone. Woohoo!!! We were super pumped thinking about all the possibility. Then we got a call from the tennis club notifying Scott that the finals of his tournament were the whole day of our scheduled date, today. Damn it! *crossing my arms*

Then my MIL, Sandie, said "why don't you just take Christy with you and then go to dinner?" She didn't realize that it was way out of town and an all day affair, but it certainly got my husband all twitterpated. :) So we divised a schedule that involved both my mom and his parents watching the kids in shifts. Voila! We had ten full hours TOGETHER and without kid interuption. From the moment we got the go ahead from the grandparents we were both giddy with excitement. Scott had his best girl and tennis all day and I had my best guy and no kids all day. We figured that the last time we had this much time alone together was when we went for an Anniversary overnight four years ago.

I had such a great time with him too. Breakfast, lost a tennis match, dead battery in the car, jumped and off to lunch, won a tennis match, music, talks, long car ride. Every touch was deliberate and fully felt. Eye contact. Flirting. No kids screaming in the background or foreground. We were able to eat hot food w/o interuption and leave without picking up a bundle of kids and toys and crumbs. I was able to really watch him play tennis and I gotta tell ya...it just made him all that much more sexy to me. *sexy whistle* It was blessed time and we savored each minute.

We were glad to come home all the same and see happy kids and grandparents greeting us.

It was like old times though. Gave us a chance to remember who we were once, before all the chaos that consumes us on a daily basis. I'm delighted to report that we still LOVE being with each other and look forward to more of it. In fact, my mother said she had such a great time with the kids that she'd be happy to come back next week too. Whaaaat!? You bet!

It gives a girl great hope. Thank you SO much, Mom, Mom and Dad - from the bottom of our hearts!

No comments: