Friday, September 26, 2008

So, this is what 31 looks like


Eh, it's not so bad, I think, especially when I consider that I'm actually 11,323 days old. Sounds really ancient when you put it that way! I remember well though when I thought thirrrty was oooold and certainly by the time I was thirty I'd have incurable wrinkles and seriously saggy boobs. *tapping my chin and looking down at my chest*

Shit! I guess I was right. Thank goodness for Mary Kay and push-up bras. :)~

Hey, like my new birthday shirt? My boobs look HUGE in this photo and my face is all washed out with light, but the shirt looks friggin' AWESOME!

Actually, all in all, I think I've held up pret-ty darned well for a thirty-ONE year old with three small children. I haven't let myself go that much. And any irrepairable damage (the stretch marks, saggy and lopsided boobs, wrinkle lines) I'll consider them all sacrificial offerings to Motherhood, do my best to be proud of them and grow old "gracefully."

My sweet in-laws sent me a beautiful birthday card that noted just how much "grace AND beauty" I've brought to their family and well, it touched my heart. Awe...thanks, Mom and Dad. Hey, while I'm at it - thanks Erica, Aunt Debbie, Karynda, Jen and Aunt Pen for the similiarly touching birthday cards and wishes. Makes a girl feel all loved and stuff!

So...what did I do on my 31st birthday? Ugh...31...seriously? *rolling my eyes* Okay..."gracefully", Christy. My dear husband bought me (get this) a massage for my birthday. It only took nine years of hinting and asking to get it, but was worth every minute of the wait. Ahhh...it was so heavenly. I am still all loosey goosey from it. Scott took the day off of work and took Abby to school so that I could go get coffee early and then head to the massage on my own. If you've not had a professional massage - put it on your list of things to do. It's so worth the money!

I brought lunch home for my man and the rest of the day was just us hanging out, doing some random chores, being together and such. It was great!

Tomorrow my mom and brother will be coming over to spend some belated birthday time with me and then Sunday my in-laws are having a birthday dinner for me. Woohoo...I love it when your birthday stretches out like that. It's like having a three day birthday!

So...here I am. A big girl. Thirty-one, three kids, a great husband, all of us healthy...I feel pretty darned blessed.

*holding up my bottle of water* CHEERS to the next best year of my life!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! Yes, Christy you are such a graceful, beautiful woman/mother of three! (your shirt looks great by the way! Great choice!) You are truly an inspiration to me to remind myself that growing older can be embraced and heck the wisdom that is coming feels good and I only try to pass that on to others the best way I know how! Would you want to go back and be 18 again? (Not me!)

Hope you had a very happy/ great weekend that made you feel loved and beautiful!
Love ya sister !
Irish Mama