Wednesday, September 3, 2008

First Days and First Birthdays

So Abby started Second Grade this year. She just amazes me how she just goes along with it all now and has no fears. This from the girl who when she was three WOULD NOT let you walk around the back side of the car to get in. She HAD to see you walk around the front and heaven forbid you leave her in the car for any length of time. It was an automatic vomit session from anxiety. But here she is...seven years wise and telling ME all about how school things run. She has this life completely outside of my control and it just amazes me. I can easily say that she's a bright child with great manners (outside of the house) and I believe the teachers are not blowing smoke up my bum when they say "she's a joy to have in class." Where DID that saying come from? Is there somewhere in the world where blowing smoke up one's bum is a GOOD thing?

She was the first one in the room that morning, so she got the pick her own seat and she snagged the one two seats to her left in the picture there. Right beside the teacher's desk. My daughter the teacher's pet. :)~

She had a great first day, so she said. I asked her what the worst part of the day was and she said, "I picked the desk right next to the pencil sharpener and EVERYone had to sharpen their pencils while I worked on my papers!" Hee hee. I guess if that's the worst thing then she had a pretty good day.













And then Miss Lilly Baker turned one this August! I had big shebang all planned...Angus burgers, ballparks, huge strawberry salad, boursin cheese spread, Strawberry Angel Foodcake birthday cake, a cooler full of drinks...I cleaned the house and everything. Let's celebrate! Three people showed up of the fourteen or so that were invited. Yea, nice. So it was an intimate celebration with the in-laws. She received a big bag of Gerber snacks from Gramma B, as well as a singing book and a little PDA/cell phone kind thing. She loves the phone looking thing since she can carry it around with her. Mommy and Daddy got her a couple of new Fall outfits and a My Little Pretty Purse that talks to her. Fun!



















It was a fun time and the whole point was to celebrate Lilly and so we did. Big girl that she is! Plus, more cake for us!

Oh, and a side note: do not bother with the bottles of Mojitos. I saw the case of Mojitos and was carried away by the thought of the bartender crushing mint in the bottom of an icy glass while skinny chick in the skirt kicked her hips back and forth...and thought...ooh, that's a good idea. Buy a whole case! Eh...not so great a taste and the party does not spurt out of the bottle when you uncap it. Damn it. Now I have a buttload of these Mojito bottles and no one to drink them with.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bring them with us to our weekend getaway...(if I get to get away?) Dale is so busy I might have to find a sitter for our kids. Grrrr!
Anyway, I can't believe that Lilly is one and look at how her looks have totally changed! What a big big girl sigh they grow so fast! from Irishmama