Thursday, April 24, 2008

Ahhh....coffee!

I'm mentally making a list of things through my life that when I get to Heaven I'll be able to look back at and say "yep, those were my fav-o-rite things back on Earth." Who knows if I'll even be able to do that, remember my life from Earth, but I think it helps me to really savor the things I love. Among the list is : fresh warm towels from the dryer, the smell of my husband's shirts, really burnt marshmallows (no chocolate or Grahams for me, please.) If coffee wasn't already on the list, it is officially now on my list. Coffee is such a wonderfully soothing thing to me. If I'm tired, if I'm sick, if I'm stuffed from a huge dinner, if I've had a bad day, if I want to enjoy alone time with my mother...it just makes life feel better. And the first cup of the morning is the best ever. That first sweet sip (yes, I like cream AND sugar) is the beginning of life for the day. I could have already done several things on my list for the day, the sun could be up for an hour, but the day hasn't begun until that first sip goes down. It warms the body from tongue to tummy and starts the blood circulating back up and down the body. Ahhhhh!!! It's really lovely. Isn't it amazing too that even a bad pot of coffee, if the circumstances are right (good conversation, no other coffee available for the first cup) is drinkable. I use to work with a couple guys who were military men. They drank their coffee with a spoon and their coffee cups had that brown barnacle coffee ring inside that proved they were "real coffee drinkers." One guy would fill the filter to the top with coffee, start the machine and then sit his cup under the tap so he could get the strongest cup out of the strongest pot. ICK! I still drank the coffee though. I'd usually half it with water and load it with my goodies, but I drank it. I'm actually in the process of converting my dear sweet husband into a coffee drinker. He's gone from an occasional hot chocolate to a daily cappuccino and I'm hoping to push him into full fledged coffee by the time we're retired. I wanna sit in our old rocking chairs together watching the sun come up with our crusty cups of coffee. If we're still coffee and cappuccino by then, I won't mind. So long as I have my old drinking partner with me - that's cool. *wink*

Alright - enough pining over the beauty of coffee. I must decide whether to ignore my wreck of a house (laundry is literally spilling OUT of the dryer onto the floor) and go workout (then come work on the laundry) ORRRRR forego the workout (and save GAS - what the heck is with $3.60/gal!?) to clean. At any rate I must go wake up the beast. We're already 25 minutes past and she's not up. Eek!

More stuff from me later....

Oh....the sunrise is beautiful today. Thank you for that, Lord!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Girl you better watch that coffee thing. Well, you're busy enough with that crazy chaotic life you are living, so what the heck, enjoy! Wish we lived closer so we could be involved more in your life. You and Scott keep up the good work. Love, Aunt Jo