Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Random Stuff

The big news of the day: hubby got an awesome raise! Praise the Lord! He deserves it - really. He is SUCH a hard worker. He gives his work 110% and really loves what he does. So it's always great to be appreciated and given a raise. He's my big bread winnin' guy!

The next big new of the day: my shift button was fix by above mentioned cool guy! No more right shifting, which stinks to high heaven. On the down side, somehow a crumb WAS actually the problem (I'm gonna say it was Zach's fault *looking shifty*) but in the highly technical process of removing it with a steak knife, it somehow got stuck under the Function key and now that one is popped off. It looks a little ghetto not having the button there, but i know a guy who I'll bet can put it back on for me.

What else? Is anyone else completely dragging with allergies right now? I swear, every single plant and tree decided to bloom all at once around here and we're all headachey, sneezing, rubbing our eyes, super draggy, etc.

So far, so good today as far as the kids go. Zach and I started some marigold seeds this morning and hope to have enough to put out front. We need some color out there. Since we're always stuck out back with the kids the front yard totally gets neglected. I'm looking forward to when the young ones are grown enough to trust and to help us out. We've reinstated "Smackdown" in the house. Abby's been totally sassy and argumentative with us, and this past weekend she screamed at me to "GET OUT!" of her room. It was the straw, so to speak. So Daddy came up with the ingenious idea of "the chair." She gets one warning when she gets lippy with us and after that it's 30 minutes sitting in a chair upstairs in Lilly's room. She's seven and can handle it. It's totally boring and you know 30 minutes is like forever in kid time. The poor thing. I did feel semi sorry for her, but at the same time I knew it had to sting some in order for her to want to avoid it later. She wasn't in tears during it, as I suspected she would be, but she was near tears and wanted out pretty bad. *Gramma, no crying!* After 25 minutes passed I went up and talked with her, explained that we expect her to respect us by not using a sassy tone or arguing. I imagine the warning will be all it'll take for quite some time. We don't expect her to be perfect. We understand that at seven she has big emotions and that she's still figuring out who she is in this house, but she has to respect us. It's funny b/c just as much as she's figuring things out - so are we. Babies don't come with instruction manuals and our parents are sweet enough to lend advice without "telling" us what to do. Half the time, Scott and I are trying SOOOO hard not to crack a smile or laugh when we are coming down hard on Abby. That's not accounting for the frustrated moments when Mommy flips her lid and yells. There are NO smiles being cracked in the house when that happens. *putting paper bag over my head*

Zachary also gets his own brand of "the chair." He has to sit facing the corner for 3 minutes (more like two, if I'm telling the truth.) If he gets up or starts to fool around I get right behind him and threaten a spanking.


Well...it's Margarita time! My neighbor invited me over for a drink and Lilly is sleeping, so I'm outta here. :) Tomorrow's another day.

'Night!

No comments: