Saturday, April 26, 2008

Picturesque Day


It's been a beautiful, sunny Saturday so far. We were woken up by Zachary calling for us, but when Scott got up to get him from bed he wasn't in his room. Scott came in the bedroom and said "Where is your son?" I jumped right out of bed! He was in the corner of Abby's room playing with something. Thankfully we heard him and went looking - it's scary to think he could have gotten downstairs and messing in something he shouldn't have been. We usually have a gate in his doorway, but about three weeks ago we decided to try it without. I'm thinking it's best if we keep it for now. At least this way we'll hear him leaving his room. He can open the gate no problem, but it's a pressure gate so it makes a clanging kind of noise when it releases. *sigh* He's growing right up on us.

Speaking of which, I hate to jinx us, but I think we're turning a corner. Lilly has slept through the night three nights in a row now. She also was being super fussy yesterday but refusing to nap while nursing, so I just got frustrated and put her in her crib. Scott's been telling me to do this since month one, but I've been too much of a wuss. She cried for about five to seven minutes and then nothing. It was nice. We're weaning her a little bit more too. I think she takes in more food and formula than she does breastmilk, so that might be helping too (to feel more full and content.) She also, the past couple days, has sat and played quietly on the floor without me. Scott even came in today and asked where she was, then said how nice and quiet it is when she's calm. Here's to hoping!

I did some rearranging today. I moved the couches back to where they originally were and pulled the big square coffee table back into the living room. Then Scott moved the rocker recliner over into the front room. We're thinking about posting it for sale on Craigslist, but I'm not yet sure I want to get rid of it. I kinda like it in the other room. What is it about rearranging furniture that makes you feel like you have bought something new? I feel all contented when I look in and see all the space opened up. It also makes me want to organize something else. Feels good! I also got the HUGE piles of laundry put away in our bedroom. Now I have all this floorspace and the room feels like it grew. Woohoo. LOL If we can JUST keep it that way. It's mostly my fault b/c I run clean clothes up there but don't usually have the time to put it right away, and I dump it on the bed. Then by the time I get into the bedroom at night, I'm too pooped and plop it on the floor. Scott does it too. (If I'm going down, so is he! *wink*)

Zach got his first big "08 Boo Boo. He was running on the sidewalk, biffed and scraped his knee. He's a HUGE baby about it too. As he should be, at least for awhile. He refuses to let anyone touch it, medicate it, wash it, cover it - nothing! Every time he notices it he whimpers and when we tried to lay him down in bed he refused and whined about the boo-boo. When I went up to check on him, he'd fallen over to the side with both hands covering his boo-boo, totally sleeping. It was so cute. I should have gotten a pic. Today when you ask him about it he says "NO! It's my boo boo. It's owie!" LOL Too funny.

The day has been good but it's gone waaay too fast. It's dinner time - pizza from Papa Murphy's. Yum!

Hope your Saturday was as sunny and productive as mine!

No comments: