Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Walking in Circles

For the first time in a long time, BOTH children are sleeping at the same time. I spent my morning here working on my list of things to do: paint kitchen table, pay bills, do laundry, create blog. I even spent time playing with my boy....cars, of course. Now I have free time to do whatever I want here in the house or yard OR do something I couldn't do with two kids around. What am I doing?? Walking around in circles like I have no brains or any idea of what I can do! It's like I have no idea what to do if I don't have a child in tow or begging for my attention. I have a whole list of things that need done around here, so I guess I'll tackle one of those. I could also just lay down and take a nap, but then I'll feel guilty about not spending my "free time" wisely. I also keep thinking I should wake Zach up b/c if he gets much of a nap at all he'll be up 'til 11:00pm or better. We're in the transition phase for him...to nap or not to nap? That is the big question.

Also, the left shift button on the laptop keyboard is not working. It's really annoying! I can't seem to make my brain tell my right pinkie to press that right side shift. I use the left one, realize it didn't work, backspace and retype. It's bogging me down. What's with that shift button? Is there a crumb under there or something? Where's that can of air when you need it!?
I'm rambling.... Must go find something productive to do. You know once one of the kids wakes up I'll be in panic mode again, verbally bashing myself for not doing such and such while I had the time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL! I had that same reaction tonight. I got home and the dog wasn't here jumping at me to get attention, the husband wasn't here waiting to discuss things with me and the house was clean (a rare event), so I just sort of stood in the doorway, unsure what to do with myself. So now I'm here reading your blog. Yay!

Magpie said...

Hee hee - good! Glad it's not just me then!