Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Joining the Bloggers of the World

So, here I sit on my deck as my kids play and making my first blog post ever. My SIL has a blog and I've wanted to do this blog thing for awhile now, so here it is. It's CLEARLY still under construction and will change as the mood strikes me. What the point of my blog? Well, there really isn't one. I enjoy journaling and since I have a husband, three children, two dogs and a house to run I just don't have time to actually "write" in a journal. Isn't that pathetic! There's time to eat a pan full of brownies, watch Deal or No Deal, scrub the toilet...but no time to empty my brain onto paper through a pen. Well, typing IS faster than writing! So here is my attempt to pour out my soul, my daily thoughts/happenings and share my life with friends, family and lurkers. :)

You may be wondering about the title of my blog. Why "The Magpie's Song" you ask? Well...Blissful Chaos was taken. I thought a few minutes, as I was assembling my eldest's lunch for school, about what kind of title my life would have if I gave it one. Blissful Chaos seemed appropriate. It is chaotic most of the time and even in the midst of the craziest of moments...Scott and I look at each other and smile. It's usually Scott that says "yea, but we love it" or "it's crazy, but I wouldn't change a thing." So - it IS blissful even when I cannot actually see it as such. But, like I said, that title was taken. (blog interrupted by three year old pouring Mr Clean into the sink. *sigh*) Soooooo... my Mom has always said that she and I are Magpies (birds that are attracted to shiny things) b/c we both love sparkley things. SO I figured...I'm a Magpie and these entries are my songs. Voila! Real deep, right!? Hee hee.

Hopefully you enjoy getting to know more of me and seeing into my blissful chaos, Christy Baker style. :)

P.S. Forgive grammar and spelling!

No comments: