Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Another Day

Well, nothing all too exciting to post about yet today. We had two successes in potty training yesterday, and about eight failures. I only screamed about the first one. It was kinda shocking to see him standing on the carpet, pee dribbling btwn his legs. Eek! And then of course there was a surprise in the underwear too, which he accidentally stepped during removal. It was quite disgusting! Sorry I shared that tidbit...tmi for sure. :) Anyway - he's sitting on the potty right now waiting for something. He has a potty picnic going on actually...breakfast in his bowl and a cup of water too. I took a pic but I think it may be too much nude boy for the www. :)

Why is it that scales ALL weigh differently? At the doctor - I'm three pounds heavier. At the YMCA it's at least two pounds lighter than here at home. If the Y scale is to be believed and I have only followed the weight loss on that one, I've lost twelve pounds since really starting the workouts. I haven't really changed my diet, so it's all been sweating and metabolism change. Since the kids started getting sick right before Easter I don't think I've worked out more than a week total, but thankfully there's been no change in weight. I'm actually two pounds lighter than my pre-pregnancy weight, which is lower than my first goal, but about four pounds from my second goal (which I hope to get to by my Ninth Wedding Anniversary in July). The actual number doesn't bother me too much...it's still heavier than I was when I got married, but the fact that I can see shape change and feel my clothes getting looser makes me feel AWESOME. On that note, I'm going to go get my tennis shoes on and prepare to go to the Y after I drop Abby off. I tried to go workout last night and the parking lot was overloaded, not one parking spot to be had.

Lord,

I praise you, Father, for all that you are and have been to me. You have guided me from birth and looking back I can see your hand at work. I trust you. I have faith in you and your power in my life. Thank you for how sweet and safe my life is right now. Even as I prepare to go to a workout I know that nothing is for sure, but you. I know that at any minute my life could change dramatically and for the worse, but I have faith in you. I trust that no matter what happens you are at work in my life, changing me, molding me into the daughter you want me to be. I pray that I will see the lessons behind the challenges and be quiet, strong and dependable. Bless my life today, Lord. Bless my family members and friends with what you have for them and answer their prayers. Draw near to us all and bring those that are away from you, in a valley spiritually or weak so close that we can feel your breath on us, that we can feel your heartbeat in our lives. You are worthy of our love and so much more. Remind us that our security is in you and not in the economy or in the hands of a presidential nominee. Admonish me and those in need to SAVE our money and be thankful good stewards of what you've given to us. Urge me to be giving even when it feels outside of my comfort zone. And even as my children grate on my tired nerves, please Lord give me whatever I need so that I can be a loving, gentle parent. I love you. Through Jesus' name...Amen.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh - I can't believe you guys have been married for almost 9 years. Does it feel like it's been 9 years?

Magpie said...

It feels like it was just yesterday that I married him, but when I realize it's been NINE years it makes me feel safe. We've breezed through these nine years. It's been great!