Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Dude, whatcha eatin'?

So I'm standing here at the laptop, my feet aching from whatever kind of Hell lies beneath the surface of this 12x12 foot area. Seriously, both Scott's and my feet ache something awful when we stand here at the laptop...it's ridiculous. Anyway, I'm standing here surfing, totally neglecting my children and letting Zach get his last few minutes full of the television before the guy comes to disconnect us from the garbage that is cable TV and Lilly comes sauntering into the kitchen shoving something in her mouth.

"Lilly, what the hell is that, honey?" I ask sweetly and make a move toward her.

Noticing the offensive move on my part she makes a dash in the other direction pulling whatever it is in and out of her mouth. All I can see is that it's small and has a HUGE dust bunny connected to it.

I run after her chubby diaper butt and catch her just in time to see it getting crunched up and the dust bunny wavering on her wet lips.

"Oh, dusty candy corn, eh?" Oh, that's okay. I'm sure it was pulled from the nether regions of a chair or couch cushion, but what the heck. "Carry on then, my dear!"

At least it wasn't a dog turd...this time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know by your third you are like dusting off and saying go for it! and the dust bunnies well, when you can get to them will really never disappear! So why not keep them as pets ! ? ha ha


totally LOL!

Irish Mama