Monday, October 6, 2008

Buyer's Block Cured

Just as I laid down and snuggled into my mass of sheet and blankets last night, of course after dealing with a sad little Zach who peed his pants in bed, it came to me just what I've been wanting but didn't want to spend extra money on. I think I mentioned before that I was starting this Mom to Mom class led by the mom at our church who has ten children? Yea, well she uses these charts at her house to encourage the behavior we desire and discourage the ones we don't in our children. They are called the Blessing Chart and If Then Chart and I want to incorporate them into my parenting arsenal. The Blessing Chart helps you to recognize the characteristics of God in your children and acknowledge the Scripture that supports them. The If Then Chart helps you to keep your child accountable for the negative behavior that is unwanted by God and us parents, and it also has the Scripture to support you. All good!

Then as I'm perusing for those I decided to look in on the Book section, b/c I'm a sucker for a good novel, and tripped on Walking with God: Talk to Him, Hear from Him. Really. I'm hooked and will give it a good read. I'm always in for getting to know more about how others connect deeper with Christ, as that is ultimately my spiritual goal. Now that my eyes have been wiped clean from the funk that covered me these past few months, I feel like I can again pay attention to my spirit. I can feel it breathing again and it's thirsty and hungry for Him. So, I hope this book will feed my soul some of what it's craving.

And then of course, like any other mother, I can't go shopping without picking something up for my chittluns. Abby's paying a LOT more attention to music and she remembers the lyrics very easily if she can interpret them correctly. Ever heard of Flobots? She loves their music...her father's influence there. I like their stuff too though. It's very lyrical, political and has awesome beats. So today I found some worship CDs for kids from Cedarmont and picked up two from the series. I need to get the crud that's on her MP3 player OFF and get these on there. She listens to the Christian radio station all night long, but when she pops the earbuds in from her MP3 player it's Black Eyed Peas, Ashley Simpson and a few other secular Top 40 hits from a few years ago. It was whatever I had on my Itunes from awhile ago. We can also listen to these in the car and I'll be thankful to change up our music. We've been listening to the same stuff for soooo long.

So, the shopper's block has lifted and now I'm super excited to get these things in the mail! Thanks Dad and Nita for the gifts!!

1 comment:

Alicia said...

Hey - I have a bunch of Christian CDs that were designed to sound like rock music, but with a good message. I even use some of it to go running.

I'll burn you & Abby some CDs. If I can get it done in time, I'll bring them when I see you next weekend.