Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Going Against the Rules

I went to Walgreens after dropping off the kids at school. I went specifically for the items with coupons and one of those was shredded cheese. It was a GOOD deal too - $1.50 a bag. That's like a dollar off of the usual price at Krogers. So I grabbed all that they had, six I think.

Just then two black ladies walked up behind me and the one said loudly "Awe man, she took them ALL!" I just glanced at her, back to the groceries and waited. The other one said "Yea she did. And they won't let you ring out more than two at a time. That's the limit."

So I get all nervous and I'm like (in my nicest, nervous tone) "if you need it, I'll give you one. What kind do you need?"

She says "I need mild cheddar." So I give her one and she stalks off.

The other black lady stands there and reminds me that they'll only let me ring two out at a time, so I looked back at her and said "That's cool. I'll just do separate transactions" and started walking.

She goes "Mmmhmm" (in her black lady tone) and walks the other way.

Then I'm rounding the aisles near the register and shoowee you should have heard them. They were going back and forth with each other and the register girl telling her ALLLL about my transgression of taking ALLLL the cheese, even though it only says a limit of two.

LOL...I just took my cheese to the counter and did two transactions. Sorry girls! I did give her one, but finders keepers, losers weepers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good for you! Way to stand up to that intimidation! You were nice enough to give one up! ha ha! They can go elsewhere! good deal!--IrishMama

I guarantee they wouldn't have given up any cheese!