Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Neat Stuff

Yesterday was a pretty cool day!

I drove Abby and the neighbor kids to VBS and while parked there beside the building I got to see (or more HEAR) a big pane of glass fall to the ground from the second story and shatter just feet from me. We were in no grave danger at this point, but the guy in charge was REALLY mad that the church had decided to go ahead with VBS knowing full well there would be demolition happening. I definitely agree. Eep!

Then as I was driving down a major road I got trapped in between a police barricade. Apparently a telephone pole splintered in half and was hanging from the wires. Uh yea - mucho dangerous! I drove by cautiously, me and the other lady who was caught.

At this point I started to wonder if I should find a new route and go back home. The thought crossed my mind, "this could very well be the day that I die." *shiver* BUT, thankfully, I'm here this morning to report that the day did get much cooler.

The little ones and I stopped at Kroger to get some things. There was a fire engine sitting there in the parking lot, so I left sleeping Lilly lie in the carseat and took Zach over to check it out. The fireman in the drivers seat was SOOOO kind to Zach. He offered to let him sit in the drivers seat, but Z was too shy at this point. So the guy hopped out and started sweetly talking to Z, explaining all the details (in kid terms) of what he does and all the cool things the truck does. He flipped on the lights for Zach to see and this excited Z. Then he walked us all around the truck opening each cubby, explaining and even pulled the fire hose out and let Zach hold the end. It was truly C-O-O-L!! By the time we got to the other side Zach was ready to get down and go inside the truck. He stood there looking around with his hands on his hips and the side of his mouth all pinched up in a "Hmmmm?" look. Then he started to explore the big boots/pants, walkie talkies, headseats, buttons, etc. He was completely in a zone and loving it! So - big ups to the Reynoldsburg area fire department! We were truly impressed!

Then Abby and I caught a baby dragonfly in our kitchen window. We were both pretty amazed, but I made her take it outside immediately. As amazing as they look - they are crunchy and loud and I don't like insects! :)

No comments: