Thursday, June 5, 2008

What a Great Day!

My neighbor Christina offered to watch the two little ones so that I could go out by myself this morning. Wasn't that so sweet!? So I got to take Abby to school, run a couple of errands (two of which were a bust, but I didn't let it get me down) and then go back to Abby's school for Fun Day. What a blast that was! They had like ten stations set up with a different game at each one, a couple of them were water games to boot. Which was perfect for today b/c it was SO hot and humid you could slice the air with a knife. Ugh. The coolest set up was a game where they took a leaf blower and attached about ten feet of PVC piping to the end of and shot these soft balls into the air. The kids were all standing about five to ten yard away with baskets, trying to catch the balls. It was hilarious! How fun! We really like Taylor Rd Elementary. They go all out for their students!

Check my YouTube bar below for video of Abby doing the Wet Sponge Relay.

Then I ran to check the mail at lunchtime and lo and behold...what was there!? THE TEST RESULTS!! He passed, of course, but also included in the envelope was a letter of Certification making Scott an official Architect. :) Woohoo!! I quickly made up a banner for Scott and hung it on the garage. :) It's SUCH a relief to have this done and over with, especially for Scott. Another milestone met!

Oh, and I am planning to include on my upcoming website a Recipe of The Week. I made a really good marinated shrimp recipe as well as a strawberry salad. Our strawberries are doing awesome and we seem to be pulling out about two to three cups worth each day. SO, I had to find something to do with them all and this recipe was AWESOME. I loved it anyway. No one else would try it b/c it had healthy stuff in it. You know - lettuce and nuts. It's an uphill battle trying to get these people to eat a piece of multi-grain bread! I also tried Cous Cous yesterday and only Lilly and I would eat. Abby said she liked the first bite and then wouldn't eat another. *sigh* With Zachary needing more iron in his diet - we're definitely going to be trying to incorporate more nutritious foods. Whether they like it or not!

No comments: