Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Tuesday's Delivery




The veggies came again! We received half a head of broccoli, two green Kohrabi and one purple, a small bunch of green onions, a sack of spinach, a bigger sack of mixed greens and Christina gave us the whole share of snap peas. I think next week we get red potatoes instead of broccoli. The broccoli was FANTASTIC tasting. I steamed it with a little butter, then just lightly salted it (sprinkled with cheese for Abby) and we both ate it up! Scott's a broccoli hater and Zach spit it out immediately too. Eh - more for us smart girls!! Remember - what we get is only half the share, Christina and John get the other half. Scott says we should start logging everything we get so that at the end of the season we can tally what we think it would cost at the store and compare against what we paid to the farmer. That way we can decide if it's worth doing again. I agree and hope this blog will help me do just that.

Right now it's mostly all green stuff, which is good for us b/c Zachary is low in iron right now and we don't usually get enough greens in our diet anyway. Speaking of which, I'm gonna mix up a big salad for lunch. Mmmmmm!!

Oh - and now I have ALL the peas, which actually looks like the same amount as last time, but my pea salad failed miserably. So if anyone knows of a recipe I can make to use up these peas...let me know!

No comments: