Tuesday, June 3, 2008

"The Plan"

Okay - so here I go again with another great idea. Who knows if it'll flop or fly, but I really hope that I can be consistent with it. In an effort to give Zachary more personal one on one time and stimulate his growing, hyperactive brain - I found this website with a preschool homeschooling curriculum on it. The idea is that each week he has a "theme" that we learn about, as well as a Letter, Number and Shape per week. So here's a picture of our lesson board that we hung up in the kitchen and it should be fairly easy to keep up with. That's super important - it must be easy for Mommy too b/c my brain goes in a hundred different directions throughout one day. Anything that wants undivided attention must usually be screaming, puking or pooping. I haven't printed out the nursery rhyme for the week (Hey Diddle, Diddle), but he already knows half of it. The vocab words will come tomorrow too. Should be fun! I'm already singing "the Daddy cow says MOO (in a low, booming voice)" to the tune of The Farmer in the Dell all day long, even when no kids are in my presence. It's just fun to sing! The Mommy cow says "MOO" in a prissy voice while fluttering her eyelashes. LOL See - I can be a fun mom too!

The plan for Abby is to do half an hour of reading per day and one math worksheet every other day.

We also are putting into effect a "downtime" each day from 1-3pm. It's basically been this way all school year with the two smaller ones attempting to nap during this time, so I think it's prudent we stay with this for everyone's sanity and health. Otherwise I might be nuts by the end of June. I may or may not have signed Abby up for every VBS within 30 miles of our house. :)~

Here's to hoping that a "plan", prayer and a pool membership will make for family fun and bonding this Summer of '08!

1 comment:

Kelli said...

Christy:

That is exactly what they do at Jamison's preschool, with the theme for the week. I hope that it works out for you and Zach!

Kelli