Sunday, June 1, 2008

Quick Update

Goodness - it's been a few days since I've posted! Well, let me remedy that right now. It's time for a "kid update" right? What's going on in the FAB-U - lous lives of the Baker kids?

Let's see...

Abby will start her last week of First Grade tomorrow. *sniff* It's been a fast year, I think. I can't believe that we're already moving into June and beginning the Summer! She's reading nearly at a third grade level now and we hope to breeze through the public library's Summer Reading program this year. She spent four hours at the pool today (we went ahead and switched pools and now have a season pass here in town, as opposed to the Y pool 20 minutes away) and came home with a killer sunburn. She took her shirt off to shower this evening and my stomach fell to the floor when I saw that bright red back with a very light criss cross bathing suit mark. Even the small of her back has a red streak across it. YOWSER! I made her slather on sunscreen before we left the house, but amidst all the chaos I don't think I got her back at all. :( Bad mommy! So hopefully she can sleep tonight and it'll be better in the morning. We've doused her with Aloe Vera twice already tonight.

Zachary is breezing toward the finish line of potty training. He already has mad control of his bladder. We've had two full days of no diaper outings (we did put one on for church just in case) an NO accidents, and he even went to the potty once on his own. He has zero desire to sit on the potty still, so the pooping part will have to come on it's own. He just waits until we get the diaper on for nap or bedtime, quickly craps and tells us. We change him and move on with life. I'm happy with the progress at this point and will work on the dookie throughout the Summer. He does need to be potty trained before school this Fall though, so here's to hoping!! Zach is still a major tornado in our life. He wakes up at mach speed and goes to sleep hard, and everything in between is a blur of vivid color. I've heard people say (of their own children) "if I'd have had him {it's usually a boy, right!? *wink*} first, there wouldn't have been anymore." Well, that's Zachary for us. He's more than we can handle at various points in the day and it's often the fact that he's SO friggin cute that saves his life.

Lilly. Ahh...Miss Lilly. She's a roly poly tyrant. Miss Lilly has four teeth now, can crawl and pull herself up on anything she can get a grip on. She also has this really high pitched scream that she sounds off when she's super frustrated. I always come running b/c history tells me that that is a hurt cry, but when I get to her it's because she can't get to something she wants or because wants out of her crib or just plain is pissed and wants attention. It's really annoying. At the same time, she has this grin. All you have to do is say "Lilly! Whatcha doin!?" and she clenches her pearly whites together, squints her eyes, wrinkles up her nose and grins like "nuttin! Ain't I cute!?" It's freak-ing adorable! We are fairly sure she'll be walking within a month or two. She already gets on her feet and then just lets go. She'll have to be fast and fearless to keep up with the other two. Although, I must admit...I really want her to be slow and cautious. Can I have just one, Lord? Pleeeeease?

What else?

We're still waiting on that stinking test result...even though we already know the outcome. We just want the darned thing so it can be finished already. WHAT is the hold up? We had a congratulatory get together in Scott's honor Saturday night. It was fun!

I still love my hairdo - surprisingly. I keep getting compliments too, so that helps. OH, and Scott is right now working on a new official website for me. He just pulled together a homepage template for me and it's really nice. He's got da skillz, yo. :) I already have the website domain bought and waiting for something to be published on it. I'll keep you all posted as that comes along. Fun! A few things I'd like to add on my new site is a section for a weekly recipe that I've tried and a section for what's going on in my spiritual life. I feel like I have several areas of my life that are not all meshing into one. Maybe having a place where I can document what exactly in going on in each area of my life (kids, wife, spiritual side, house, friends, being silly ol' me) will help me to see more clearly who I am or who I am becoming. It's tough being this age...30. My childhood was all about growing to 18, then college was about getting to adulthood, then my twenties were figuring out who I was suppose to be, and now I feel like I am starting to know who I am, but my daily life is so crazy and shifting that I can't yet enjoy me in my own skin. It's all about being this "Mom" that I want to be and should be.

Okay - this post went way longer than I expected. G'night all! Who knows what these next nine hours will bring for me, surely at least one child will wake up. Better go grab some Z's while I can!



Hope the first week of June is awesome and your Summer plans are shaping up.

No comments: