Thursday, July 10, 2008

Friggin' Hair!

Okay, it's official...I hate my haircut. She (Molly. Her name is MOLLY!) DEFINITELY cut it different this time and if I weren't so ticked off right now and despising the way I look I'd take a picture to show you. The last time, I'd wake up and it'd still be in the same shape. All I had to do was put some smoothing gel on it and straighten out the natural wave I have. This time is just goes everywhere and no matter how flat I make it, it will NOT lay down right. I think the last time she thinned it out really well with the thinning shears and this time she just cut it into layers with the scissors. I have tried to flip it out instead of straight down or under, so as to minimize the helmet head she's given me...but even that doesn't look right. So...I'm stuck. I just have to find some peace with it deep down in the inner reaches of my soul and fight the urge to leave a threatening voicemail for the hairdresser. Poor gal - she has no idea I'm sitting here stewing over the crappy haircut she gave me and wishing I'd never sat in her chair. I think she was so into telling her story of her anniversary from hell that she forgot what she was doing. And to be honest, I could tell the minute she said she was done that something was not right, but did not have the guts to say something to her. *grrrrr*

You can also take into account that just thirty minutes after coming home from the haircut, my dear sweet husband looks at me (I could tell he was scanning and trying to make sense of the hair on my head) and says "I miss your long hair." Yea honey...ME TOO. So I go into this tizzy about how you can't say stuff like that to a woman and he tries to smooth it over with "it looks GOOD, but I just like longer hair. I'd tell you if it looked like sh*t. Honest." Uh yea, okay sweetie. How ya gonna say that? Hey Christy, your hair looks like sh*t? You wouldn't dare!" Well no, more like "it's not my preference." Or more like..."I miss your long hair." God love the male species.

So...I wish hats were in style right now. Stupid hair. It was nice having a short haircut I loved for about a month. Now I begin the slow self abuse that is growing out your hair. Pray for me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Christy, Just go back and say it's not quite right. They will fix it. Don't worry about offending that hairdresser. You have to live with this. You have to look in the mirror everyday. Who cut your hair the first time? Was it her? I would definately go back. You can be nice about it and still be assertive.