Saturday, July 19, 2008

A Lilly Among the Thorns

I know you are all waiting for pictures and sweet anecdotes of our trip to Cincinnati, but they aren't ready to come out. It was really fun and we packed A LOT into 36 hours. Yes, we came home early. Once you pass a certain age you either travel with your mountain of pillows and earplugs or you don't and sleep like complete crap. From now on...we travel with a suitcase of pillows.

In bigger news...Lilly turns eleven months at the end of July and up until two days ago she'd randomly say "Mama" and definitely "Dada" when she saw Scott. Well she decided to pick up "Uh-Oh!" and throw it in her vocab purse. She says it whenever she feels like and also to repeat someone else. I'm sure it's not the cutest d*mned thing you ever saw, but it surely brought tears of joy and sadness to my eyes, quite unexpectedly I may add. Then, like that wasn't enough for my Mommy Heart, she turned around and took an unassisted step toward the other couch and made it. Whoa! Good job, Lilly!! (more tears)

I suddenly realized that she's gonna be a year old in just a month and a few days and she's becoming a toddler. No more babies. I can clearly see the frosted lipstick, sassy arguments and "you hate me's" coming straight ahead. A big part of me wants to jump up, strip my clothes off and do the jitterbug (don't worry, I won't. Too much jiggle. Gone are the days...*sigh*) The smaller, softer part of me is a little, teeny weeny bit sad that I no longer have a small infant in my arms. But then Zachary does something like rip all the toilet paper off of the roll and pump out all of the hand soap at the gym playroom bathroom...and I'm snapped back into reality and can't wait to have them grown up a little bit more.

For now though, I'll enjoy her the very best that I can. Thank goodness for modern technology so we can capture the sweeter times like this one. Enjoy! Oh, and yes, I gave my eleven month old high fructose crack on a stick.






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh - maybe it's just me, but she looks just like Zachary did at that age, especially her smile.

Too cute!

And didn't the first two both walk for the first time on their first birthday? That means you have one more month, right?

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! What a little sweetie! She does look like zachary! i swear isn't it just so bitter sweet the age dilema? I cry all the time that my baby girl accomplishes something new and turns more and more into a toddler/child and is no longer a baby to hold in my arms. Hmmmmmmm.... I could have more babies. But then on the other hand I am rejoicing that I am actually getting some freedom to do my own things these days? ! I can send my kids out to play by themselves and know that they are safe and can entertain themselves for a bit.

Love to you Christy! You're Antwerp Buddie...

Magpie said...

Yea - she seems to look like Zach one minute and then the next she looks exactly like Abby did. It's hard to tell. They ALL look more like the Baker family, so I'm resigned to their cuteness not being from my side. :)

Last night I had visions of Lilly being potty trained and got a little excited by the thought of no more diapers. I can't even imagine!