Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Veggie Tuesday


Now we're getting into unfamiliar vegetation! We've got BEETS and OKRA and I think these are Banana Peppers. I have no idea how to cook these guys and I know I've had okra before as a kid and hated it. All I can remember is slimy green stuff. So - I'm game for trying but I'm not promising that I won't revert back to a seven year old and turn my nose up the whole time.

The corn is twice the size it was last week also. No more lettuce or beans though, so that's a bit of a bummer. Well, the lettuce part is. We got a little tired of the beans. I LOVE fresh green beans, but Scott only ate them as a courtesy to me and to get the kids to try them. They weren't fans though.

So this week we received: A small head of cabbage, nine ears of corn, four banana peppers, five okra, four beets, eight or nine brown potatoes, two zuchs and one squash. Oh, and an onion. :)

Yum!

No comments: