Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Mess of the Day

Every single day I either wake up to a mess or find one throughout the day, sometimes multiple messes. Yesterday Zach was having some sort of personal melt down, threw a train and put a dent in the wall. He was just angry with the tracks not going together properly and so he started thrashing the whole set apart and tossing trains either way. We're still working on pinpointing feelings and appropriate venting.

Today he hasn't quite been himself...more quiet and cuddley and laying around. Is he sick? Not sure. He asked to wash his hands so I let him in the bathroom figuring that he'd run the water too long or pump too much soap, but that I could handle that. I kept saying "Come on, Zach. We gotta get your shorts back on." When he didn't answer the third time I went looking and there he was...covered in Bare Minerals Blush, as was the sink. I didn't know whether to scream at the loss of the make up or laugh at my son wearing more blush than Tammy Faye Baker. I counted the loss of make up as a lesson learned for myself b/c I know better than to leave my make up bag out, wiped my blush off of my son all the while explaining that "boys don't wear make up...only girls." Someday he'll realize otherwise and had better never come home with eyeliner or his Dad will kick his toosh.

All in all, this mess was containable and not damaging at all, so no fireworks yet today. The day's not over yet though.

No comments: