Friday, July 11, 2008

You're Gonna Think I'm Nuts!

For the most part, yea I'm crazy. I admit it. This time though...I'm gonna blame my craziness on the condition of my hair and hormones. Aunt Flo is peeking around the corner and laughing at me as I tear my hair out of my scalp and lash out at my kids/family. Darned hormones! I even had a dream last night that I was in a third world country on a Mission Trip and had to pee in this container, then suddenly realized I had started my period. Freaking out I ran to the next stall hoping to ask a fellow female sufferer for assistance. Who do I find? Anderson Cooper - teaching someone else how to pee in the dumb container! Don't ask me why he's in the bathroom with girls, but I guess he would be on a Mission Trip. *shaking my head* So I run out into the street and ask any woman I can find where I might be able to get a tampon and she whispers to me that they are contraband in this country (who knows where I am!?) and if I want to buy them it'll cost me $400 US dollars. Oh great...like paying $4.00 for a gallon of gas, $3.50 for gallon of milk isn't horrid enough! In the end I think I forgot about needing the feminine products but not before I found a nurses station there in the city with a whole boatload of them and I couldn't get a word in edgewise to ask for one. Good grief, right!?

So like that's not nuts enough. I dyed my hair last night..."Spiced Tea" an auburn color. It always makes me feel better to cover the regrowth/gray hairs. :) I didn't have time to fuss with it afterward since Lilly was having herself a class A fit and would not be put down. OH and to redeem my husband from his hair comment (that I thought was more comical than mean, but may have misrepresented) ...he came home last night, helped with dinner, cleaned it all up, took Zach to the park, bathed him AND put him to bed. It was a mini vacation for me! *big grin* So I dyed my hair... and this morning I take the straightening iron to it. Don't you know it, this hair cut lays right down like it's suppose to and nearly just like it did before. *jaw dropping* I KNOW! And do you know what my first thought was!? "Oh CRAP, I'm gonna have to recant my spiteful post and everyone is going to know how nuts I am." *laughing at myself* I'm gonna blame it on hormones and act like it didn't happen. (booming voice of the Wizard of Oz) "DO NOT LOOK AT THE CRAZY WOMAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!"

On a good note, Miss Lilly slept ALL NIGHT LONG! (angels singing) "Hal-lelujah! Hal-lelujah!"

No comments: