Friday, July 4, 2008

July 4th, 2008

Both kids slept ALLLLLL night long! Lilly went to sleep about 9pm and slept 'til 6am. Of course our dog Max had to have a coughing fit at 3am to make sure I didn't get an uninterupted night of sleep, but after kicking him out of the bedroom I was back to blissful dreamland within a minute or two. Ahhhhhhhh!!!

In other news, I got my hair cut again last night after seven weeks of growth. For some reason (crazy girl hormones?) the cut looks different to me. It doesn't feel edgy and funky...it feels like a bob and I think it's because she cut the front pieces at a tiny angle instead of letting them hang straight. I'm gonna try doing it myself this morning and see if I can make peace with it. Gosh, I hope so or it'll be a long six weeks. And you know, it feels like I went a lot longer than seven weeks btwn cuts too. I'll have to go back and check my posts to see when it actually was.

Happy Fourth of July, by the way! I hope you have parades, sparklers and non- e-coli hamburgers in your near future. :) Mmmm...baked beans, potato salad, condiments, iced tea. Sounds wonderful! We are planning to attend our local parade this afternoon, but not before entering Abby's bike in the 4th of July Bike Decorating Contest. We haven't even begun decorating the bike yet 1) b/c we decided yesterday to do this and 2) the lines at Hellmart last night were so vicious and I (of course) got in the U-scan line with the broken machine and the lady with forty items. I threw my stuff on another counter and walked out, knowing full well it'd completely disappoint a seven year old who was waiting eagerly at home AND I'd be crunched to decorate faster and with three kids "helping." Tonight our church is having a huge shebang that we hope to attend. Logistically I'm hoping to take two cars so that one of us can leave with the Zach man should we need to, but it seems like a waste of gas and a parking space. We'll see!

I'll definitely be back with photos tomorrow! Enjoy your Fourth and Family. Thank God for being an American/in America right now and say a prayer for the soldiers and their families who'll have to celebrate our liberty while their loved one is fighting for liberty of others.

For anyone who might actually enjoy U.S. History (I hated it in school) here is a link to a 9th grade U.S. History quiz. I failed it with a 50%. See if you can do better!


Oh - and Happy Birthday, Jordie!

No comments: