Thursday, August 28, 2008

Dear Lilly,

One year ago today I watched you take your first breathe of life. I still clearly remember how warm you were when they laid all 8.13 pounds of you on my chest. Your fat little fist was still clenched and caked with vernix, and I rubbed it off onto my own hand; our first exchange out in the real world. You took right to the breast and didn't let go for nine months. :)


You, being my third child, have gotten all the benefits of my motherly wisdom and patience gained through raising your brother and sister. I was hardly ever nervous with you and the only spell where you made me crazy was when you would SCREAM if I put you down or walked out of the room. Once you began crawling though the screaming haulted and we've not been able to stop you from going ever since. There's nothing quite like watching you walk around the corner, see me standing there and flash that beautiful smile at me. It makes my heart leap and want to squeeze you!


You've also surpassed your brother and sister's walking mark and can already walk waaaay better than they did by their first birthdays. You are babbling a lot and can say "uh-oh!" and point your chubby finger while saying "that!?" as if asking what is that? You're adorably smiley and you light your Dad up when you put your head on his chest. At this point you have eight teeth, two of which are coming in now and causing your grief. But overall, you've been a great teether. You're the picture of perfect health and are hitting all your milestone on time. What a true blessing that is!


Lilly, I'm a very proud momma and you make my heart sing most days. God definitely knew what he was doing when he snuggled you right down in my womb without my knowledge or planning. I trust that He has BIG plans for your life and that you'll be a beautiful addition to his kingdom, just as you've been a beautiful addition to our family.

Your Daddy and I love you VERY much and look forward to your next year of life!



Love,
Mommy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Belated happy first bday, little Lilly... With a beautiful smile like that I'm sure you'll bring heaps more joy to your mommy and daddy :)

John said...

God bless you Lilly as you go through life. It is good that you have a wonderful mother and father to guild you along the way too. What a beautiful child! Happy Birthday Lilly!!