Thursday, August 14, 2008

Clooney for President

Abby lost another tooth yesterday. Actually, she didn't lose it, it was kicked from her mouth while in a tumble with Zach. Really! I had to go searching for the tooth amidst the toys and blanket crumpled on the floor. It was quite a bloody scene, but not a painful one. The tooth was ready to come out already, kinda loosely hanging there. Zachary just helped it out. :)

So she has her dollar in hand and has already unsuccessfully tried to spend it.

As were driving to Target to see what the "dollar aisle' has to offer she pulls out the dollar to admire it. She straightens it out on her lap, smoothing out the wrinkles and proudly announces, "I'll bet I know who this is on the dollar, Mom!" Oh really? Enlighten me, dear. "It's George Clooney!" she exclaims, quite sure she'd just taught me something I did not know.

I laughed so hard that my cheeks hurt. It's funny now, while she's just seven and not had much in the way of U.S. History. It won't be as funny when she's twenty, wearing frosty lipgloss, oversized sunglasses and carrying around a much too tiny dog in a way too large bag.

Mental note: less T.V and more reading for my children.

No comments: