Friday, August 29, 2008

A few things from my day

There's nothing quite like sitting with a trusted girlfriend and having a good cup of coffee. When your children and husband just don't understand you - you can usually count on your girlfriends to fill in the gap. Big props to my girl, Stacey!

A seven year old CAN experience identity theft. We received a call and letter from the school system letting us know that our daughter's identity has been compromised when a laptop was stolen from an employee's vehicle. Great, right? So they appease us with a free credit report and ten minutes of bullshit with an automated system only to find that we have to MAIL in a request to the credit agency, along with a copy of our drivers license, birth certificate, SS card, recent utility bill, a vial of blood and hair samples (just kidding on the last two, but come on!) Shoot! I think I'd rather chance that the thief is more of a Beavis than a hi-tech hacker than willfully put all that vital information in the mailbox and hope it gets to where I want it to go. I think we're actually just gonna wait a week or so and see where the superintendent decides to go with all this, and then make a decision whether or not to put a fraud alert on her SSN. God willing we'll be spared any further credit issues from this.

And one last thing...tequila doesn't agree with me. Yup...I think my post dinner Margaritaville visits are about to end. I nearly sharted in my skivvies today and THAT would be so heinous an experience and something that I'd never quite recover from. I'd certainly never be able to proudly explain that "pooping in your pants is for babies only" to Zachary.


Enjoy your weekend all!

No comments: