Thursday, August 7, 2008

Calgon, Take Me Away!

Seriously!? How many times does one child have to be reprimanded, talked to, reminded, spanked, etc. for the same offense? I know I'm dealing with a three year old and they are by nature unreasonable, but throw in a bubble-headed seven year old as well and it's like trying to pull apart two cats that are fighting AND wearing Velcro suits.

Point in case, I'm trying to get everyone to clean up the toys/Play Doh, dress themselves (b/c my kids think underwear only IS dressed) and in the car to go to the park. I have to push, remind, push, remind and even put someone in the corner for pulling hair. What should take one or two askings and all of fifteen minutes (at a maximum) has turned into forty minutes of hassle and punishments, ending with us not going to the park at all. My guess is that Zach is overtired from several days with no nap and him waking up at 5:40 this morning scared of the lion in his room. We put him back in bed, but within twenty minutes he was right back in our room. So - hopefully he's upstairs catching a quick nap and then we can go to the park as originally planned.

I know this post is going back on my "no complaining about the kids" rule, but DANG! On the rough days, my kids make shock therapy and a sedative look like a day at the spa.

Update: I was searching for some Scriptures to help me feel better and stumbled upon God's Blog. Hey - did you know God's on the superhighway? Funny how the Scriptures are always there for me when I need them in a specific way! Check it out...

God's Blog

3 comments:

John said...

Thanks for giving God's Blog a recommendation. I hope you make it a daily stop. Keep the faith and God bless you and your family!

Anonymous said...

Ohh my dear sister inlaw...a day in motherhood huh??? lately my days have been very much so alot like yours! only add 10 more kids on top of that and you got it. I would say in order to keep sanity i think you should be granted the wish to vent about your kids once and a while. after learning about your blog page from nate i desided that i would start one to so feel free to check it out once and a while. and give the kids hugs and kisses from there uncle nate and anunt andrea.

Magpie said...

HEY!!! Great to hear from you! I saw that there was a pageload from North Dakota, but I just figured that God was checking me out from his neck of the woods.

Send me your blog address!