Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Veggie Tuesday and other thoughts

Our veggies came yesterday! We got a sack full of great sized brown potatoes, a cantelope (sp?), a honeydew melon, several good red tomatoes, two small eggplants, a pint of orange cherry tomatoes and two small green peppers. Yesterday I made cucumber tomato salad from last weeks cukes and this weeks tomatoes. Pretty good, I guess...if you like mayo, garlic, pepper and the veggies. I ate a little bit and then sent it over to Christina's. My kids and hub would never eat it. Sorry all, I didn't get a pic this time around. I know, you're sooo disappointed!

So no word from the back neighbors yet about the dog. My gut says they probably won't respond and I hope this was enough attention that this woman will stop treating her dog like crap.

Mmmmm...I just made Special K Bars. Oooey gooey, chocolately, peanut buttery heaven. One cup of sugar mixed with one cup of Karo, boiled for one minute. Add one cup of peanut butter and six cups of Special K cereal. Spread in a 9x13 pan and pat down. Drop 3/4 cup of chocolate chip morsels on top and wait for them to melt. Spread chocolate around and enjoy! You can either wait for the chocolate to harden again or do as I do and dive right in.

Oh and one more thing for the day. What is up with people on Craiglist? You know, those people who respond to your posted item and act all like, "unh, me first! Can I come get it right away so no one else gets it?!" Then you set up a time and wait and wait and wait until it's obvious that you're the idiot and have been lied to.

Here's a good one, too. I was selling this big baby exersaucer, totally in great shape and all the stuff works. I post two pics of it and right away get a hit and she's wants to "come see it." Fine. That's probably just her way of saying I'm not going to commit to buying it until I see it person, and I totally understand that. Ya know, make sure there are no major stains or rips, etc. She comes on time, takes five seconds to look at it and gives me this line of bull about locking her purse in at the office, but wants to run home "just down the road" and grab the money. "Sure," I say, "we'll hold it for you." She never came back.

So here's the thing, Broad. Don't lie to me about coming back. I wear big girl panties and can handle the truth. Just say whatever it is that you have to say, "I changed my mind" or "it's not at all what I thought it was" or "that looks like junk" but don't lie to me, make me wait longer on your untruthful self and waste my time. It's SO annoying! Btw, no disrespect toward Craigslist here - the system rocks, I think.

No comments: