Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Thanks be to God for the good days!

It took me a minute to remember what all happened yesterday. It's amazing what eight full hours of sleep will do to a woman! Yup - Lilly slept all night! I heard Zach cry too, but then Scott hopped up to soothe him and *sigh* I got to fall back asleep.

Besides being able to sleep a full night, yesterday was a great day for us here. I got a call from my friend Karynda and after twenty minutes of bantering back and forth about what we could possibly do in Columbus with six kids on a rainy day - we settled on Magic Mountain. We nearly turned tail and ran when we saw two bus loads of daycare kids shuffling single file into the play center, but we decided to brave it anyway. It turned out to be AWESOME for Zach. It was a completely secure room (save the emergency exit door that I knew he'd want to try) with netted tunnels, slides and hundreds of foam balls (would it be too much to hope that they are anti-bacterial somehow?) that they could throw or put up these vacuum tunnels. All the balls goes up the tunnels, into a central pit and at timed intervals all dropped on the kids. It was big fun! I hardly saw Zach stop moving the entire hour and a half we were there AND I actually got to talk in full sentences with Karynda - it was heaven.

From there we met Scott for a late lunch at a fairly quiet and nice restaurant. Zach was pretty darned good there too. My God - are we turning a corner? *holding my breath*

It was a great day and I honestly think we ARE turning a corner with Zach's maturity. I don't think he's slowing down much more, but he definitely understands a lot more and is showing that he CAN pay attention to rules. Phew! *putting down the ADHD pamphlet*

And, of course, yesterday was VEGGIE TUESDAY!!

We received nine ears of corn (no mega worms lately), four large brown potatoes, two tomatoes, a container of cherry tomatoes, half a cantelope (split with the neighbor), a cucumber, two squash, two zukes, more okra, a bell pepper and two jalepenos. NICE!! I'm thinking salsa may be in our future!

All in all - a great day!

No comments: