Monday, August 11, 2008

People Never Cease to Amaze Me

I read this same article in our Dispatch this Sunday and had my hand clasped over my mouth nearly the entire time. How in the world ANYONE, short of being mentally disabled, could treat a baby/child like this...I'll never understand it.

In my former life I wanted to be a Child Psychologist to help abused children and eventually looked deeper into social work here in Columbus. It only took one solid meeting with the agency before I knew it wasn't the line of work for me. It'd be like walking through the dog pound - I'd want to take them ALL home and probably would try for most.

Hold your stomach, maybe grab a tissue and have a sad, sad read. I feel like reading this story to Abby, as this little girl is approximately the same age. So when she tells me it's "not fair" that she has to eat all her dinner, clean up her mountains of Barbie stuff or take a shower...I'll remind her that there are REALLY starving children right in our own country who would LOVE to have such a caring mother.

I'll also stop rolling my eyes when she asks for that extra hug and kiss at bedtime.

The Girl in the Window


Lord, place your healing hand on Danielle as I type this. Wherever she is right now, I pray that you would work miracles in the name of Jesus on her. Make her walk and speak and feel loved by those caring people around her. Change the hearts of those involved, especially those people who did this to her. In Christ's name - Amen.

2 comments:

sonicmooo said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Magpie said...

*deep sigh* It breaks my mommy heart, I tell ya.